Firearms Training and Ammo Shortages

Learn of places to obtain training. Carrying concealed is not enough. You must know how to use it. Ask questions about strategy and the best way to handle situations. CFP Instructors: Please feel free to post your contact information here so people can sign up for your courses.

Firearms Training and Ammo Shortages

Postby moyler » Thu 07 Mar 2013 11:24 am

Warm-weather training is upon us! The first Next Step class of the year is March 16th! viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16490

I wholeheartedly understand the current climate in regards to ammunition being hard to find, as well as more expensive when it does become available. For those that failed to stock up on their training ammo prior to our current situation, I am implementing some training guidelines for my classes.

1. Dry work. More dry work will be added. More opportunities to train the same live-fire skills without burning ammo. Dry work is equally, or more important to mastering many of our skills.

2. .22lr Use. .22lr guns will be allowed in classes, as long as there is safe, quality support gear, ie: holsters, mags, etc. This also applies to the use of .22 conversion kits.

3. Conservation. We will recommend limiting 4-5 shot strings to 1 -3 shot strings.

4. Capitalism. Those with plentiful supplies, please offer to sell it to your training partners at a reasonable price.

Any other suggestions to using less ammo in class will be welcomed.

For those who maintain a plentiful supply of training ammo, well none of this applies to you does it? :dancing: See you on the range!
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -Thomas Jefferson

http://www.realworldpds.com/
Suarez International Staff Instructor
www.suarezinternational.com
Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor
NRA Pistol, PPIH Instructor, RSO
moyler
Sniper

Re: Firearms Training and Ammo Shortages

Postby dewittdj » Thu 07 Mar 2013 1:01 pm

I've found a endless supply of ammo! Now if only I can get an auto-reloading design to work with my slingshot!!!
:raisedbrow:
D. DeWitt - MGySgt USMC (RET)
Rifle/Pistol Expert,
SAF, JPFO, USPSA, IDPA
NRA Life Member, Chief RSO
NRA, CFP Instructor
Save $10-1yr: new or renewal:
3yr-$70, 5yr-$100, Life-$750
https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?campaignid=XI028543
dewittdj
Sniper

Re: Firearms Training and Ammo Shortages

Postby moyler » Thu 07 Mar 2013 2:32 pm

dewittdj wrote:I've found a endless supply of ammo! Now if only I can get an auto-reloading design to work with my slingshot!!!
:raisedbrow:

Hehe.

That reminds me! I need to finish up my curriculum for the Advanced Tactical Slingshot class!
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -Thomas Jefferson

http://www.realworldpds.com/
Suarez International Staff Instructor
www.suarezinternational.com
Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor
NRA Pistol, PPIH Instructor, RSO
moyler
Sniper

Return to Training Center