Utah Guns Forum banner

Long range competition and classes.

5K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  JoeRandall 
#1 ·
I enjoy long range shooting and I think I would like to try something like Shooting F-TR. Before I drop thousands of dollars on a gun and scope for the longer distance I would like to watch a competition and find someone to learn from.

Sadly I have not been able to locate any competitions or instructors nearby.

This is the only active gun form I know of in Utah so I thought I could ask for help here.

Thanks in advance,
David

#3 ·
The Centerville small arms association runs NRA mid-range matches monthly April through November. Matches are open to everyone. You can go to http://www.centervillesmallarms.org to see the schedule and match info. We have several who shoot in the F-class category. Come on up and give it a try. We have several members that shoot on a national level that are always willing to share advice and knowledge.

Kris

#4 ·
Thunderstick - Looks like Centerville will have a high power rifle shoot on Sept 20th. I will be there to either watch or participate if they would allow me and or my daughter to participate with a 30-06 Howa or with a modern sporting rifle in 5.56.

MarshallDodge - http://www.longrangeshootersofutah.com/ ---> this looks great! I just missed a 600 yard F-class last Saturday. :(

I will investigate more and see what else they have coming up. I will also send an email to Jeff Young and see if he is able to meet up.

Thanks for all the great information so quickly!
David

#5 ·
uofudavid said:
Looks like Centerville will have a high power rifle shoot on Sept 20th. I will be there to either watch or participate if they would allow me and or my daughter to participate with a 30-06 Howa or with a modern sporting rifle in 5.56.
They are always more than willing to accommodate. I haven't been recently, but it is usually a smaller group, especially compared to the big pistol matches. That is where I really learned to shoot, and I would recommend it to anybody!

#6 ·
Glad to hear it Tenuki! - I will be there to watch and learn, and will have by rifles in the trunk just in case.

I am in Bountiful and have shot at the "B" range but have never around the hill to see what Centerville has to offer. It would be nice to have access to a 600 yard range.

Does anyone have membership to this range? For a lifetime membership it is $250 which sounds pretty good if it is easily accessible (I only have a car) and can be used whenever it fits into my schedule. I have found some online sites that say that the Centerville range is closed over the winter months, that would be a deal breaker.

#10 ·
Tenuki said:
Headed out to the last match of the year this Saturday, feel free to join!
Info? And round count? Never done a match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#11 ·
So sorry I didnt see this until now.

Information can be found at centervillesmallarms.org

There are only two matches left this year, one on the 18th and the 25th. The 18th is all at 600 yds, and I believe that the 25th will be all at 200 yds. If you want to shoot you can use just about any rifle so long as it doesnt have a muzzle break, and .33 caliber or less.

#12 ·
I had found the info thanks. Unfortunately I do run a muzzle break and I'm not going to take it off for one match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.