Utah Guns Forum banner

Obama Announces new anti-gun EO's

4K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  nhraquick32 
#1 ·
http://www.thebangswitch.com/obama-anno ... i-gun-eos/

Today President Obama announced two new Executive Orders designed to further harass American gun owners.

The first change will be to NFA Trusts making it harder and more time consuming for corporations and Trusts to acquire NFA items. Much like the Hughes Amendment passed by President Reagan in the 1980′s, Obama's changes to NFA Trusts will have zero effect on the reduction of crime in the United States. The NFA Trust policy changes discussed previously on TheBangSwitch will do little more than further increase already ridiculous processing times for transfers of NFA items to law abiding Americans.

Not being content with needlessly attacking NFA Trusts, Obama also announced that he is stopping the import of U.S. military surplus firearms. The reports this morning weren't specific as to the types of firearms to be banned from import, however the Administration made the following statement.

"When the United States provides military firearms to its allies, either as direct commercial sales or through the foreign military sales or military assistance programs, those firearms may not be imported back into the United States without U.S. government approval."

The ban is likely to stop the repatriation of M1 Garands, 1903 Springfields, M1 Carbines, and other U.S. military surplus sent to our allies in the past. What's not clear as of this writing is if this new import ban will also impact non-U.S. surplus firearms. Right now the ban appears to only deal with U.S. made firearms that have left the country.

Since the tragic events of Sandy Hook, the Obama Administration has announced a total of 25 new Executive Orders related to firearms regulation including the two announced today. It seems what the President can't accomplish through the Congress he will do on his own through the misuse of Executive Orders to bypass the legislative process.

#3 ·
Not sure :/

#5 ·
jobot said:
So when do the EO's take effect? What will happen to the guys that have NFA trusts?
I was thinking it would be good to set one up for if/when I decide to buy a suppressor, or other NFA item.

#8 ·
I haven't looked into these EOs, but we should all just take a step back and remember that EOs are only orders for the Executive branch of government. If it is a directive to a particular executive agency to do anything that pertains to the public, it can only go so far as the legislature has authorized. Anything else is illegal and can be struck down in court. EOs have no authority over We the People.

#10 ·
As the Justice, dept, DHS, the BATFE and multiple other agencies who can and will make you life miserable are sunject to EO's they do effect the people very directly. There are constitutional limits to such orders, but since you must go through the ATF to establish your trust, this EO does affect you. And as the State Dept was already blocking the re-importation of M1's from Korea that EO also blocks you there.

Also unless specified in the EO they go into effect at the time of being signed, pending time to notify the various agencies of their new responsibilities.

Not sure we can get much through this do nothing congress (or rather the block everything Senate) but these EO's call for legislative actions to block the President. I want an M1 and am hoping the flood of weapons from Korea will push the costs down.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.