Utah Guns Forum banner

Adopt a Newbie

7K views 33 replies 25 participants last post by  elkfever 
#1 ·
NOT MY IDEA was stolen from a Wisconsin Topic. - I just thought it was interesting

Adopt a first timer??

I was thinking the other day. Yes, I know that this is dangerous!!

But, we all were a bit...scared, fearful, nervous, the first time we opened carried. So, how about a list of people, by regions, who are willing to "adopt a first timer" to help lessen the fear on their "first time out"?

Just post screen name's of "seasoned carriers" so "first timers" can PM us and set up a time to talk and meet for their "first open carry".

I figured we could have a post a Mod if you where looking for this service. And a mod could match you up or something.

*****EDIT*****

Here will be a list for experienced open carriers willing to help out first timers.

Experienced open carriers, please make a post here with your area (about 50 miles from home) if not listed and the city you live in. This is so the "first timer" can see your post and PM you for help. I will make a single list in this post with all the area's and name's for each area.

See less See more
#27 ·
Raleigh63 said:
Ego_Trip said:
Sorry to bump an old thread.

I am currently in Salt Lake, or Layton Clearfield area. Haven't Oc'd in public yet ( just around the house and yard.) Anyone wanna adopt me? :D

I'm still just nervous to do it as I'm younger (21) and don't have kids etc.. to make people feel more accepting. No CCP yet, taking class tomorrow.
I am in the avenues and I can meet up with you. I pretty much only OC. My wife is going out of town on Friday for 4 weeks. We could meet up this weekend if you want to.
**** I'd do that just for fun. I'm down there all the time. Plus, you haven't seen the car in a while. Let's make a group of it

#29 ·
Ego_Trip, you could always come to the open-carry dinner I set up for June 1st; there's bound to be at least 30-40 people who will also be open carrying there: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=11718

#32 ·
Bumping the thread again but hey, it's a good idea. I'm in west valley, work regular hours weekends off. Not exactly the most experienced OCer on this site but pm me if you want a carry buddy.

#33 ·
I haven't OC'd since I lived in Virginia. I've lived in Salt Lake County since 02/2007 and I have yet to see anyone OC in public. I'd like to hang out with someone in public while I CC and they OC. I want to watch people's reactions and see how you the OC'r respond to the reactions of others.

I live in the Sugar House area of SLC and have very long weekends after working Sunday, Monday and Tuesday nights. I also wouldn't mind checking out some other ranges. I've been to GSG&A, Doug's and Impact. I go to Impact mostly because you can rent a lane for $6!

I'm 29 and if you're not homophobic, allergic to liberals and people who aren't religious... shoot me a message (electronically). I'd be happy to join in fighting for our right to OC!

I also wouldn't mind shooting an AR-15 for the first time if anyone could be so kind!

#34 ·
Hi.ijust registered for this forum today.i wasexci.ted to read everyone's experiences. I just got back from my firsr time. I went to the gas station in grantsville. Ha ha i was scaredto death. Does anyone live out tooele way. I would welcome a trip to walmart and cal ranch

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.