Utah Guns Forum banner

TapaTalk Plug-In Installed

29K views 59 replies 18 participants last post by  jaredbelch 
#1 ·
Based on the desire many have expressed for easier mobile browsing of UCC, I have installed the server-side plug-in for TapaTalk. For certain mobile devices, you can install the TapaTalk application and it should now work on UCC.

The read-only version of the TapaTalk app is free to install on your compatible mobile device.
The full version costs a small fee from places like the iTunes store.

Please let me know if there is any problem using the normal forum in a browser or using the forum through TapaTalk on your mobile device. If it turns out that it causes problems on the forum, this plug-in can be backed out.

Disclaimer: The owner and moderators of UCC did not develop nor do they maintain the TapaTalk plug-in or mobile application, nor do they receive any compensation of any kind when users purchase the full version. This has been installed for the convenience of forum members.

#30 ·
mqondo said:
Yeah, it fixed itself shortly after I posted that.
I have found that there is a good chance of technology fixing itself (nano-bots, i guess). Making a phone call to tech support, is a waste of time unless you really want to strike up a friendship with someone named "Brandon' with an Indian accent.

#43 ·
Ditto

General Error

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]Unknown MySQL server host 'uccforum.db.9050081.hostedresource.com' (2) [2005]An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

That was the error I got.

#48 ·
#51 ·
Jeff Johnson said:
Incidentally (though this is kind of off-topic), GoDaddy finally reported that:

GoDaddy Says Crash Wasn't Anonymous, It Wasn't A Hack, It Wasn't A DDoS. It Was Internal Network Issues
GoDaddy says that it wasn't an external network attack that caused it, but rather "a series of internal network events that corrupted router data tables."
Old news, but I just saw this and had to comment... is that supposed to make it better? Obviously they were just doing the right thing and coming clean, which is laudable, but that's a pretty boneheaded kind of mistake for a company whose outages can take down a non-trivial fraction of the web. A company in their position should have more redundancy in their infrastructure and better configuration management.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.