Utah Guns Forum banner

Rand Paul (R-KY) - Filibustering away...

1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Liberty Nut 
#1 ·
This morning, Senator Rand Paul can be seen on C-SPAN filibustering the Brennan nomination and insisting he will do so until President Obama clarifies whether his administration believes the federal government can indeed use drone strikes to kill U.S. citizens on U.S. soil without an act of Congress, as has been suggested.

Senate filibustering isn't all that unusual these days, but the way he's doing it certainly is: i.e., the old fashioned way ... by making a speech and not yielding the floor.

As of the time of this posting, Sen. Paul is closing in on his second straight hour. His remarks thus far have been fairly clear-headed and thoughtful.

#6 ·
Hawk87 said:
SomeGuy said:
[/bathroom break]
... well, after 3 hours, Rand Paul gave our very own Sen. Mike Lee a chance to join his filibuster...
[/end bathroom break]
Did Mike Lee take him up on it?
Yes, Mike Lee (R-Utah), Ted Cruz (R-Tex.), Jerry Moran (R-Kan.), Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), Saxby Chambliss (R-Georgia.) and Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) have all spoken in support of Senator Paul

#7 ·
Korben88 said:
Hawk87 said:
SomeGuy said:
[/bathroom break]
... well, after 3 hours, Rand Paul gave our very own Sen. Mike Lee a chance to join his filibuster...
[/end bathroom break]
Did Mike Lee take him up on it?
Yes, Mike Lee (R-Utah), Ted Cruz (R-Tex.), Jerry Moran (R-Kan.), Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), Saxby Chambliss (R-Georgia.) and Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) have all spoken in support of Senator Paul
Meanwhile Senator Hatch is making plans for a weekend Party at Burnie's......

#8 ·
I sent Hatch a tweet yesterday just before Rand stopped asking where he (Hatch) was on this. Nothing heard!

#9 ·
JoeSparky said:
I sent Hatch a tweet yesterday just before Rand stopped asking where he (Hatch) was on this. Nothing heard!
Hatch is already on record as saying it is not the Senate's job to hold up political appointments. According to Hatch, the Senate should be naught more than a big ole 100 person rubber stamp.

NEEEXT!

#10 ·
Daeyel said:
JoeSparky said:
Hatch is already on record as saying it is not the Senate's job to hold up political appointments. According to Hatch, the Senate should be naught more than a big ole 100 person rubber stamp.

NEEEXT!
I know this... I was just trying to give him a chance let me know that he is starting to SEE THE FREAKING LIGHT! And Rand's actions while it did delay the confirmation vote was to establish that the administration is LIMITED in its actions regarding US citizens in the US boundries by the US CONSTITUTION!

#12 ·
Daeyel said:
This is Hatch's last term. He has never listened to his constituents before, why would he as a lame duck?
Point taken UNLESS he has lied to us and he plans to run again..... you do know that FORMALDEHYDE has remarkable preservation properties!

#13 ·
JoeSparky said:
Daeyel said:
This is Hatch's last term. He has never listened to his constituents before, why would he as a lame duck?
Point taken UNLESS he has lied to us and he plans to run again..... you do know that FORMALDEHYDE has remarkable preservation properties!
Yes, but even voting "present", he would be committing perjury.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.