Utah Guns Forum banner

Hemorrhoids.

20K views 55 replies 24 participants last post by  sypher 
#1 ·
:ROFL:

#30 ·
Very slow right now. This is over wireless tablet (as opposed to the other kind?), laptop over wireless, desktop at home, and desktop at work. Using Chrome on all machines, but issue also happens when Firefox is loaded.

#31 ·
I have been experiencing slowness and timeouts for the last several days as well. No pages not found, but lots of lag. I normally use Firefox, but I've tried in Chrome and IE9 with similar results.

Mel

#33 ·
gravedancer said:
its been horrible today for me. Page not found after a long wait (timeouts), and even when it does load the page it takes forever. Appears to be hosting failure, because I have no problem on other sites.
I am having the same problems here. Its taking quite awhile to get any page on this site loaded up.

#36 ·
UtahJarhead said:
It's an issue with whoever is hosting it. Serving up a medium traffic PHPBB instance isn't a very intensive thing to handle.
crappy hosting company most likely. I used to have similar problems with some of my customers when they were hosted on Godaddy, which is craptastic as a hosting provider mainly because of problems like this.

#40 ·
Paul said:
It is godaddy.
Suggestions for others?
I use http://www.bluehost.com/ for my web sites. They're based in Provo, which I like so as to keep the business local. I've been with them for about a year and haven't had any problems. Their interface is much more intuitive than Godaddy's and their tools are better as well. I used to use Godaddy but ran into the same issue you're having with several web sites I operated at the time.

Pricing at BlueHost is competitive. Moving a site from Godaddy to BluHost is easy, especially whereas UCC is based on php. I also moved over my domains. PM me if you have any questions.

#41 ·
Paul said:
It is godaddy.
Suggestions for others?
I've used Hostmonster.com out of provo for probably going on 10-12 years. I have heard several bad stories about bluehost, but have personal experience with them. Hostmonster has unlimited hosted domains, space, email, databases, everything all for about $7 a month if you pay annually. They use cpanel and have a ton of tools. They also have simplescripts which makes installing and maintaining a lot of different software packages a breeze (including phpbb).

Whatever you go with, I'm happy to help out with the transition if you need it, as I'm sure many others on here are.

#50 ·
Snurd said:
UtahJarhead said:
Agreed. Appears to be leaps and bounds better. I get the occasional timeout, but it's kinda rare.
Do you have to face the corner while in timeout?

(Sent from iSnurd)
With a pointy hat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.