Utah Guns Forum banner

Crusader introducing our new lube

11K views 24 replies 6 participants last post by  Crusader Smithy 
#1 ·
We are about to launch our new gun lube. You can get some info about it at http://wethearmed.com/index.php/topic,5402.0.html. There is also a couple reviews about it from George Hill. Read up on it and send me a PM if you would like to get your hands on some. We will soon have it up on our website as well but until then just send me a message.

#3 ·
mqondo said:
I just came across a lube called Lubriplate. I have started using it on my .45 and it is really slick and stays in place. Is it anything like that? How much is it to try out, and how much comes in the trial package?
We have a two part system here. Part one is a paste, that I think will work better than Lubriplate, that is perfect for slide rails and any other parts that you want the lube to stay in place on. Part two is an oil that is great for places like triggers where you want it to run into place and be worked in.

A very small amount goes extreemly far. The 1/2 oz. container of each is enough for months of heavy shooting or years in your lightly shot gun.

I'm not sure if it's ok to give prices in this board so shoot me a PM for prices.

#5 ·
Car Knocker said:
Crusader Smithy said:
I'm not sure if it's ok to give prices in this board so shoot me a PM for prices.
Sure it is - this posting is in the classified section, where people post to sell stuff! How can you sell stuff without letting peole know how much it costs? Go for it!
Thanks for the heads up Car Knocker.

Right now I'm releasing our sample size kit, mentioned earlier, for $10 (normally $15). All I ask is test it out and write up a post about what you think of it.

I've had PM's from a couple of you already so THANK YOU.

#7 ·
So I cleaned my .45....again. I cleaned it up after shooting a few days ago, but needed another cleaning to give the new lube a try. When I first saw the lube I noticed that it was almost black. I have used black lubes before, and it seems to be a major pain to clean up, and gets everything dirty. However, after putting a thin layer on everything internal on the .45, the new lube from Crusader virtually disappears. I was quite excited about that. He said that the lube goes a long way, and should last me for quite some time. I applied it, and used very little of the supply that he gave me. I'm thinking he wasn't just whistling Dixie when he said this. Although his pooches may have been barking a similar tune.... :D I have been using Lubriplate for the last little while and have liked how that stuff works. Crusader's lube is much thicker than the other lubes I have tried in the past, and stays right where you put it. I also tossed a little bit of the oil supplied onto the trigger and hammer areas and worked it around a little. The new lube is quite slick, and so far I am impressed with it. I will write a bit more once I have had the chance to take the .45 to the range. Thanks for the opportunity to try your new lube, Crusader. :thumbsup:

#10 ·
Just to let you guys know, our trial/sample period will end at the end of the month. We will still have it for sale on our website http://www.crusaderweaponry.com and will be more than happy to process your order. All info needed to order is there on the site.

#13 ·
mqondo said:
Just curious, how much lube do you get when you buy it on your website? Is it the same as the trial size, or is it a larger amount?
The sample size you didn't quite get the full amount that is in the bottles. Also the the bottles come with needle tips so you can be very, very accurate about where the lube goes. It's really a great combination.

#14 ·
Crusader Smithy said:
mqondo said:
Just curious, how much lube do you get when you buy it on your website? Is it the same as the trial size, or is it a larger amount?
The sample size you didn't quite get the full amount that is in the bottles. Also the the bottles come with needle tips so you can be very, very accurate about where the lube goes. It's really a great combination.
It would be quite nice to have a needle tip for it, that's for sure. It's hard to get it in to the tight spots with a Q-tip. Especially the slide rails. How many ounces would you say come in the bottles?

#15 ·
mqondo said:
Crusader Smithy said:
mqondo said:
It would be quite nice to have a needle tip for it, that's for sure. It's hard to get it in to the tight spots with a Q-tip. Especially the slide rails. How many ounces would you say come in the bottles?
1/2 oz. but with the needle oilers it goes further.

#16 ·
Just picked up another batch of the lube from Crusader. Mainly wanted the bottle, but it just happened to come with some lube too. BONUS! The needle oiler bottle is perfect. Q-tips worked okay, but didn't work as well as I wanted. The needle is small enough to get into the tight places, yet large enough to get the bigger areas too. I recommend picking up some. Give that guy a PM, or order it off his website. Thanks Crusader! :thumbsup:

#17 ·
mqondo said:
Just picked up another batch of the lube from Crusader. Mainly wanted the bottle, but it just happened to come with some lube too. BONUS! The needle oiler bottle is perfect. Q-tips worked okay, but didn't work as well as I wanted. The needle is small enough to get into the tight places, yet large enough to get the bigger areas too. I recommend picking up some. Give that guy a PM, or order it off his website. Thanks Crusader! :thumbsup:
You're all too kind. Thanks much.

#18 ·
What impresses me is just how little stuff you need to make a big effect.... You can't tell in my vids how much I'm using. I'm just hitting it with as tiny of a drop as I can apply. The stuff, once spread over the metal to metal contact area... just simply gets rid of friction. Like in that Glock vid clip, you can hear the difference... in the Slipstream treated Glock you are actually NOT hearing the friction like you do in the Untreated Glock. The Slip and Stick just isn't there once you treat it with Slipstream. Its gone. Instead you can hear the mechanical components slapping together... Barrel and slide going into battery and such. You can't hear the Slide running on the rails. You can't hear the spring dragging the guide rod. And the reason you can't here it, is the reduction - nay - the elimination of the Friction that is normally present.

#21 ·
Crusader Smithy said:
This is a video eval from one of our customers out of state.

Thought I would add a quote from WeTheArmed from the guy that made this video.

So, holy crap!

You guys thought that video with Slipstream in my pistols was impressive?

I should have recorded my AR cleaning today!

I had essentially been running it dry, I think. I had used Hoppes oil and Rem Oil before, but it never got rid of that rough sound and feel, like there was sand in my rifle. I field stripped it, cleaned it (**** that rifle was filthy) and put Slipstream everywhere I could, with emphasis on the bolt rails and the charging handle, and anywhere it looked like it was rubbing. I could feel it as soon as I put the bolt back in. Also colored the entire trigger group black with oil.

Dear GOD! It feels like my P226 now! Smooth as silk! The trigger even feels better, and it wasn't a bad trigger to begin with.

From now on, gun cleaning will have mandatory camera, at least till I get Slipstream in all my guns.

#22 ·
Can you use too much Slipstream? Does it attract dust/sand? Is it flammable? Does it have a strong odor? I will be picking some up next week. Looking forward to it. Right now my current lubes are MMC Molecular Metal Conditioner and Eezox. I'm not even sure MMC is still in business. Eezox, scent sets off my wifes migraines. It will be great to try out your product.

#23 ·
ennis said:
Can you use too much Slipstream? Does it attract dust/sand? Is it flammable? Does it have a strong odor? I will be picking some up next week. Looking forward to it. Right now my current lubes are MMC Molecular Metal Conditioner and Eezox. I'm not even sure MMC is still in business. Eezox, scent sets off my wifes migraines. It will be great to try out your product.
No it doesn't attract dirt. I do find that my carry gun get's linty around the muzzle...but it's in an IWB holster. The lint will come regardless.
No strong smell...none. Shouldn't set off any migraines.

Looking forward to doing business with you.

#25 ·
Korben88 said:
How does this product differ from your slipstream treatment?
Sorry for the slow reply. The difference is the lubricants use some of the key ingredient as apposed to the treatment uses high pressure to blast the key ingredient into the metal creating a coating roughly 1 micron thick on the metal. The pressure creates a permanent bond. The treatment is mean to be a layer of lubrication when all others have long since cooked off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.