Utah Guns Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
I absolutely adore my S&W 1006 and carry it from time to time. It's what I carry on hikes and back country camping trips. Recoil on that large frame heavy gun feels less than the .40 cal glock. While I love the gun, some of it's pros are also cons. Size and weight tame the recoil but make it a burden to carry daily. Add in the small capacity mag and it's only carried when I can toss on a battle belt and open carry with a few extra mags. I do like the ballistics of the round but don't see myself buying another 10mm. If someone came out with a lever action 10mm I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Buffalo bore 220 grain hard cast flat nose.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Why don't I like the 10mm?

Because handguns are compromise weapons. You compromise power, accuracy, range and handling for compactness.

The 10mm still doesn't have enough power to make up for it's otherwise handgun-related limitations.
You sound stupid. Really? Most manufacturers producing 10mm don’t load it to its full capabilities. Underwood, double tap and buffalo bore do however. A 135 grain and 165 grain shooting at between 1400-1600 fps with around 700 foot pounds isn’t enough power? You sound just plain stupid. I can assume you don’t hit the range much. Lol.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts