Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think? I know that this is supposedly not supposed to make a difference since people will be working the same number of hours per week, but...

Suppose their mail pickup is at 3PM. That means their mail pickups would be reduced by 1 day (Friday), and you also lose the transit day of Saturday. Had your permit been placed in the mail on Friday, it may have arrived Saturday depending on where you live, but certainly would have made delivery progress on Saturday.

Now, even if it's dropped in the mail on Thursday, it won't get into the mail system until Monday.

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean my transit time... This only affects state employees, not federal employees, the mail will still come 6 days a week. And if they work the same number of hours, they will just drop more applications each day to make up for the day off on Friday. I don't see how this will affect the permit turn-over time much.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess to make it simple, all I'm saying is that permits won't be mailed out on Fridays, and the mailing cutoff for Thursday will remain the same (not get later with the added time in the workday), so permits that would have been mailed out on a Friday with the old system will now be mailed out on Monday.

A permit mailed on Friday would have been sent to the post office and then distributed (in transit) on Saturday, which means you're actually losing 2 shipping days if it's mailed on Monday.

Then again- if they're working later, maybe they'll be getting more work done earlier in the week which could translate to shorter permit issue times for those lucky enough to make the Thursday cutoff.

Either way, you're right- probably be a negligible difference. And anyway, it's starting to sound like one of those story problems that I hate. I'm done. I'll keep waiting.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
powerplaynow said:
Then again- if they're working later, maybe they'll be getting more work done earlier in the week which could translate to shorter permit issue times for those lucky enough to make the Thursday cutoff.

Either way, you're right- probably be a negligible difference. And anyway, it's starting to sound like one of those story problems that I hate. I'm done. I'll keep waiting.
ahahahahhaha!!! :lol3: Permit A arrives at BCI on July 5th but has a delay in payment due to a bounced check. Permit B arrives on July 10th but has no such problem since cash was used. Twenty two days into the process, permit B is put on hold for 22 hours because an important document is misplaced. Assuming the SLC Post Office cuts off sorting at 5 pm Mountain Time.... etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts