Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Why is people's first reaction to try to make some kind of rule, pass some kind of regulation, or institute some kind of policy? :disgusted:

The grandmother was leaglly concealed carrying. Apparently, she wasn't doing it responsibly, or else the kid wouldn't have gotten a hold of the gun. I would imagine Grandma is pretty shook up about nearly killing her grandkid, and she'll be more careful with her gun. :dunno:

Why does Sam's club now feel like they're going to have to try to infringe on everyone else's rights. :roll:

·
Registered
230 Posts
rdoggsilva said:
Just wait and see, it will not be long that they are posted. With Wal Mart going to bed with Bloomberg it will not surprise me.
Unfortunately, you're probably right.

There are way too many people wanting to ban guns in the name of safety, and just itching to find some justification to do so. :disgusted:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Tarzan1888 said:
One of the first things I did was take her to my room, sit her down, show her my carry gun and explain to her what it is and why I carry it. (to protect those I love.)

I taught her the first 2 firearms rules, (Treat every gun as if it is loaded and never point any gun at anything you don't want to destroy) and I gave her strict instructions that if she ever saw a gun she was not to touch it , but was to go immediately to an adult she trusted and tell them what she had seen.

If you teach them correct principles then they can govern themselves.

It is the vested responsibility of those who chose to carry to educate those they love and are to protect, as to the nature, purpose and proper handling of firearms.
ABSOLUTELY.

I have had a .38 for years that I mostly just left in the safe. When my wife and I decided we were going to start carrying and we bought some additional guns, we decided the first thing to do was to educate our 10 year old boy.

We went to the store and found a nice head-sized nearly round watermelon. We went with our boy out to where we shoot, and told him we needed to talk about safety before we did anything else. We went over the basics of gun safety, and what to do if he ever encountered a gun (don't touch it; get an adult, etc.) Then we showed him why. I got the watermelon out and compared it to my head - roughly the same size and shape, hard on the outside soft in the middle. I took it down range and set it up, then asked our boy to imagine that it was his 2 year old baby brother's head. My wife took the shot - center of the melon with a 9mm hollow point from her Beretta. The watermelon absolutely EXPLODED. Our boys face was white and he said he felt a little dizzy. :shock:

A lesson was learned - thankfully the easy way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.