Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although many in this country seem to have forgotten recent history, I have not. That terrible day four years ago will be with me for the rest of my life. I will never forget the terrible evil that was wrought upon us by fanatics with a culture of death.

On this fourth anniversary of 9/11, I bow my head in sorrow to remember my countrymen who were slaughtered by hate.

I also renew my resolve, as an American, that I will stand firm with my nation and with my president to oppose the terror of those who would have us submit or become extinct. We will win this war, even though it will yet be a long, hard slog.

I call upon all of my brothers in arms to also stand firm and to stand united.

·
Super Moderator
1,552 Posts
I am with you, brother.

Those who died, the survivors, and those who lead us will be in my prayers tonight.

Thank you.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I was apalled but not surprised at how we seemed to have swept it under the rug this year. In a random sampling of papers on-line, I didn't see anything about 9/11 except in sidebars or buried in the stack of ephemeral, pointless stories.

I'm quite sure that 9/11 will eventually be (barely) remembered as one of many events, but we'll still be saddled with the PATRIOT act, miiddle easterners sneaking in from Mexico, etc. Little leadership, plenty of politcal opportunism.

We certainly won't forget.

This is the one day each year that I don't find funny the quote "No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts