Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope you're not all getting bored with these holster pics cause I am having a blast making them. I have made around a dozen of them now and with each one I learn a little more.
I sold one on Ebay and another on Holstertrade, the others I have made for friends.
This one I decided to keep for myself, along with the first two I made, and have been wearing it everyday for the last week or so at work and around the house.

This one I just finished up this morning, its by far my best one and I love the color ... I will probably stick this one on Ebay too along with a mag holder.

I like the two tone color ya can see here on the backside. The one I am working on right now I was able to do the same thing but its more drastic. That holster will be for my wife's best friend who is a Leo. She carries a XD40 and I am hoping she can show it off at work and get me some orders.

Thanks for looking and I would love to hear your comments.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Those are very nice, thanks. 8) :D

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Man those look great. I love the color, you do great work.

·
Registered
189 Posts
How much would you charge?

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Shane, you are really getting good at this. 8)

I am going to have to set some money aside for one of your holsters.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the comments everyone :D

and thanks for the offer Jeff, I appreciate it, I would much rather sell to the locals.

RIght now I need to charge a minimum of $75. It costs me more than half that for a blue gun that I would need for the wet forming. Once I start getting a stock of dummy guns then my prices can come down some, unless my holsters get famous then the price might go up :wink: .. lol

Thanks again,
Shane

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
The holster I would want is for a Commander size 1911 and I have a realistic plastic model that I can lend you when the time comes. $75 is still not a bad price.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Those are beautiful! Sometimes I regret my choice of carry gun when I see good looking holsters. I'm stuck with nylon junk.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MarshallDodge said:
The holster I would want is for a Commander size 1911 and I have a realistic plastic model that I can lend you when the time comes. $75 is still not a bad price.
Sent ya a PM Marshall

Ty said:
Those are beautiful! Sometimes I regret my choice of carry gun when I see good looking holsters. I'm stuck with nylon junk.
What type of gun do ya have Ty and where are ya located? If they don't make a mold for it we could just use the gun, thats how I have been making the holsters for my P250.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Its a baby eagle in .40. and im in orem. If they make a block let me know.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Finished up the holster for my wife's best friend who works for the Sheriffs dept. Her bday was last week and wanted a IWB for her XD40.
The holster is not as nice as the last one I did, should of allowed more room between the stitching and the gun, especially around the trigger guard, but the leather has a lot of character, beautiful grain and some big wrinkles that give it an aged look. She was very happy with it.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Nice work, Shane! :thumbsup:

I think everyone here probably loves holsters as much as I do, so I wouldn't be worried about anyone getting bored looking at your stuff. In fact, if I could afford it I'd be buying a new holster every few weeks -- I actually like holsters more than guns! :)

But I can't justify owning 30 holsters and only one gun... plus my wife would kill me!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts