Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd share a family story with everyone.

My grandpa was a drill sergeant and was stationed in Texas but was sent all over the country and was seldom home. So my grandma was alone for long periods of time. During one of my grandpas stays at home he caught a horned toad and decided it would make a good pet to keep around the little 1 room house as it would eat the bugs. But there was a way for it to get out since the screen door was warped and the bottom was open a bit. He decided to put a small hook latch at the bottom to fix this problem and keep his pet inside. During one of his trips when my grandma was home alone she heard a noise at night. It was someone cutting the screen door and lifting the top latch of the door. She yelled out "I've got a gun get away from me!" The man pulled on the door saying "im gonna get you" and tried to rush in at the same time. But the bottom latch was still in place. He tripped and fell forward stumbling and stabbing with a foot long knife onto the bed my grandma was on. She grabbed her little snub nosed .38, rolled out of bed, and fired at the man on the bed. He screamed, jumped up and ran out stumbling again on the now broken door latch. My grandma turned on the lights and saw the blood on the bed and rip where his knife stabbed. She went to the neighbors and called the police. The police couldn't find the man that night but said they would patrol the area and see if they could pick him up. They also said there had a been a number of women raped and stabbed in the area and that this was probably the man who had done it.

They found him 3 weeks later hiding under a trailer. The bullet my grandma had fired had passed right through both his butt checks at the deepest point of his back side just rear of his hips. Since the man had been in hiding for 3 weeks under the house his wound had gotten gangrene. When the police took him in he had to have his entire back side removed. When my grandpa got back they moved out of the area to their family farm in Oklahoma. My grandma was 6 months pregnant with my father at the time this happened.

·
Registered
8,757 Posts
Jeff Johnson said:
Good for her for shooting that lowlife's butt off...
She really popped a cap in his... butt.

:lol3:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Wonder what Bubba thought when this guy was placed in his cell with no butt :lol2:

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I'm amazed that he was still able to run away with his butt shot off. :shocked:

OUCH!!!

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Ty said:
Thought I'd share a family story with everyone.

My grandpa was a drill sergeant and was stationed in Texas but was sent all over the country and was seldom home. So my grandma was alone for long periods of time. During one of my grandpas stays at home he caught a horned toad and decided it would make a good pet to keep around the little 1 room house as it would eat the bugs. But there was a way for it to get out since the screen door was warped and the bottom was open a bit. He decided to put a small hook latch at the bottom to fix this problem and keep his pet inside. During one of his trips when my grandma was home alone she heard a noise at night. It was someone cutting the screen door and lifting the top latch of the door. She yelled out "I've got a gun get away from me!" The man pulled on the door saying "im gonna get you" and tried to rush in at the same time. But the bottom latch was still in place. He tripped and fell forward stumbling and stabbing with a foot long knife onto the bed my grandma was on. She grabbed her little snub nosed .38, rolled out of bed, and fired at the man on the bed. He screamed, jumped up and ran out stumbling again on the now broken door latch. My grandma turned on the lights and saw the blood on the bed and rip where his knife stabbed. She went to the neighbors and called the police. The police couldn't find the man that night but said they would patrol the area and see if they could pick him up. They also said there had a been a number of women raped and stabbed in the area and that this was probably the man who had done it.

They found him 3 weeks later hiding under a trailer. The bullet me grandma had fired had passed right through both his butt checks at the deepest point of back side just rear of his hips. Since the man had been in hiding for 3 weeks under the house his wound had gotten gangrene. When the police took him in he had to have his entire back side removed. When my dad got back the moved out of the area to their family farm in Oklahoma. My grandma was 6 months pregnant with my father at the time this happened.
Great Story......Thank you for sharing.

Tarzan

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
This whole thing reminds me of a story......

Did you hear about the Butcher, who accidentally sat on the meat grinder..........He got a little behind in his work...... :lolbang: :ROFL: :lolbang: :ROFL:

Tarzan

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ugh just re-read this and sorry for all the typos. Still typing with 1 hand from the surgery.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Tarzan1888 said:

Did you hear about the Butcher, who accidentally sat on the meat grinder..........He got a little behind in his work...... :lolbang: :ROFL: :lolbang: :ROFL:

Tarzan
Or his wife who backed into the fan...
disaster!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Great Story Ty! Thanks for sharing. :D

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
UtahCFP said:
Tarzan1888 said:

Tarzan
Or his wife who backed into the fan...
disaster!
I'm glad I'm not the only one with a dry twisted sense of humor here. :lolbang:

Tarzan

G

·
:agree: :ROFL:

Total surgical removal of the buttocks is pretty disabling. I wish he died from septic shock or that your grandma blew his twig and giggle berries off :twisted:

·
Registered
41 Posts
This story makes me want to point out an important message. ALL gunshot wounds, no matter how minor they may seem at the time, need medical attention at the first possible opportunity.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts