Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Here is most of my shotgun stash all slugs and buck. Just shy of 600 in the safe and close to two hundred more in the gun safe, I have just shy of 1000 rounds of "warm" Remington JHP 9mms loaded in once fired winchester brass. Maybe 300 5.56 + 150 for the "sniper" 5.56. I will load some more 5.56 soon. Lastly I intend to work up some hot 22-250s with 62grain steel cores and hope I can get them accurate.

The stash fluctuates here and there, cost is only going up and I simply dont have much space where I am now for other survival storage sure the whole 72 hour thing I am good for but I hope to stash enough ammo to barter with, of all the barterables ammo is the most compact. :D

Next is an inexpensive 5.45 and a case or three for it. A few cases of .22lr would be a good addition too.

Your thoughts, wen is enough enough?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thx997303 said:
You can never have enough ammo.
Only if you are carrying it!

I had a key too the amnesty boxes and a a spare ruck full of loaded mags in th truck in Iraq :wink:

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
If you had bought it all a couple years ago, you really couldn't have had enough. I'm hoping ammo prices are going to go down, so I'm holding out to increase the inventory a bunch. Of course, I've been holding out for 6 months now and that hasn't worked out so well.

I currently have 3000 shotgun shells (mostly skeet load - I shoot about 2000 a year), ~1100 .223, a few hundred 9mm, and 100 .270. I own two guns for each of these calibers, so I'm pretty much good to go. I'm just waiting for a good deal on a couple thousand 9mm - at this rate, I'll shoot about 3000 9mm this year.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If my 401k was ammo that I bought 3 years ago 8) if I bought it 7 years ago :dancing: :party3:

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
hedonistic said:
Only if you are carrying it!
I hear you about the carrying it. My buddy has been reading some of the end of the world books and feels that you need 10K rounds minimum. I asked him what would happen if I had to leave my house and go on foot? If I had to go on foot then food and water would be my top priority and then ammo, probably 50 rounds of 45 and 200 rounds of 5.56 for the guns I would be carrying so that is my minimum to keep on hand.

I have a good stash of loaded ammo and a large quantity of components to make pistol, rifle, and shotgun ammo. To save money I buy primers and bullets by the thousand and powder in the 8lb kegs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts