Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just sayin hi.

i am currently moving to UT (Vernal) from the people's republic of Kalifornia.
i will eventually get a ccw. i am mostly lurking for now.
I am not currently a pistol or revolver owner, this is just part of my research on what to buy when i am in the market.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,098 Posts
Welcome to the site. There are many well-versed gun people here who can help with any gun question.

ian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,203 Posts
Glad you could break free from califorina, weelcome to the forum
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,614 Posts
Welcome to the group! Duchesne county is a wonderful area (just don't speed!). What part of Kali are you from?

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i lived in the victorville area, but worked in ontario, an rancho.

i used to have a sw99 in .40, i hated it and sold it about 5 years ago.

i am not sure what i will get when i get a new gun, but cwp first. (might as well save the backround check fee if i will get a cwp anyway)
i have been looking at the kel teck p-11 and stoeger cougar, but i am not sure yet, also depends on the budget at time of purchase.

i would like a:
da/sa (if a DAO then i would like second strike cappability)
9mm
with at least 10 rounds.
if a 15/17 round mag is available as reload then great.

i would like the simplicity of a glock, but i must have short thumbs because there is no way that i can hit the mag release with out totally regripping :cry: so maybe a XD or something, only time will tell for sure.
i have also looked at the CZ2075(?) rami and the FNP

i tend to do research for a few months (or longer) until i make a decision.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
Welcome to the group. I am also in kali for the time being so I know how you feel.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,791 Posts
I have a Kel-Tec P11. Its a great gun at a great price. I would probably get the P9 first instead just because it is slimmer and lighter. I don't have the P9 yet, but it is on my list....(its a long list LOL)

-PW
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,323 Posts
Welcome it is always good to have freash meat....Ah I mean new blood....Ah well you know what I mean.

Tarzan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,600 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I lived in the Republik for 6 years and really like it. It's not as bad as most think (IMHO)... course I lived in the much more conservative southern-end, so I'm sure that has something to do with my perception of Cali. I dare say I love SoCal! For me, having the Governator and Pres. Reagan to attribute to your name, combined with having the 5th largest economy ON THE SCALE OF NATIONS is extremely impressive!
 
G

·
There is some fantastic hunting, outdoor locations, and some of the prettiest farm land (farmland is something near to my heart) in the US not far from Vernal; even if Vernal itself is a little less exciting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,080 Posts
Welcome to the group. When you say your "short thumbs" can't hit the magazine release, think about getting the extended ones. I put them on both of my Glocks and love them. Hope you post often.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
389 Posts
welcome, I too am from California. Born and raised there!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Welcome. I'm in Roosevelt. Be careful on Hwy 40 between Vernal and Duchesne for a few reasons. 1) Passing oil trucks is dangerous, 2) Don't speed through the Indian Reservation section, 3) Lot sof trucks and SUVs drive way too fast for conditions, and 4) There are taser-trigger-happy highway patrollmen. :lol: Ok, I'm really just teasing about the tasing incident.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
kev4 said:
Welcome. I'm in Roosevelt. Be careful on Hwy 40 between Vernal and Duchesne for a few reasons. 1) Passing oil trucks is dangerous, 2) Don't speed through the Indian Reservation section, 3) Lot sof trucks and SUVs drive way too fast for conditions, and 4) There are taser-trigger-happy highway patrollmen. :lol: Ok, I'm really just teasing about the tasing incident.
i am not a speeder anymore (i finally learned after 14 tickets by the time i was 22,.....well except on my bike anyway)

now seriously what was your take on the taser thing?

thanks for all of the welcomes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
bane said:
Welcome to the forum!

I lived in the Republik for 6 years and really like it. It's not as bad as most think (IMHO)... course I lived in the much more conservative southern-end, so I'm sure that has something to do with my perception of Cali. I dare say I love SoCal! For me, having the Governator and Pres. Reagan to attribute to your name, combined with having the 5th largest economy ON THE SCALE OF NATIONS is extremely impressive!
i had issues with the people in sacramento :lol:

i did enjoy riding all year long though,....and what is this white stuff on the ground and falling from the sky? "this is pure snow,...do you know the street value of this mountain?"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Strategic Tactical said:
Welcome to the group. When you say your "short thumbs" can't hit the magazine release, think about getting the extended ones. I put them on both of my Glocks and love them. Hope you post often.
i had though of the robar treatment, but +$600 for the glock and then having to send it out for work(+$200) and hoping it would work for me is a little hard to swallow (and a little above what my budget will be) Although i do love the reliability, durrability, and aftermarket of the Glock.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top