Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In another thread the subject came up about someone who had defaced an anti-Obama bumper sticker on his truck and I was wondering if anybody else had similar things happen over their political views.

Before the last election, I lived in Colorado and I had a Bush sign in my yard. One night a rock got thrown through the window of my truck but nothing was taken so I assume it was vandalism due to the sign.

I also have a Bush sticker on my truck that is still there. When I came out of a restaurant several weeks after the election there was spit all over my driver's window.

Somebody took a knife or sharp object to the Bush sticker on Mrs. Dodge's van but it has held up pretty well.

Bush has not always done the best thing for this country but could you imagine if Kerry got in. :roll:

·
Registered
342 Posts
I've always thought anything that made people overly emotional shouldn't be put on car for this very reason. My religion, politics and choice of truck will never be advertised on my vehicle. I've seen Calvin peeing on _______ signs vandalized along with the car. People are idiots.

G

·
Anybody else that has suffered from political vandalism?

No, but I sure wish it wasn't illegal to participate in it. I have seen some Pro Obama signs I would like to have a crack at.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
The closest I have come was after an officer pulled me over a year ago, as soon as he saw my NRA sticker (on side window), he became a real jerk. Then to add insult to injury after ticketing me and berating me for "knowing my rights," had the gaul to say he supported gun rights and ccw--I wasn't even carrying that day.
I guess that may fit--not really vandalism, but shows the same vein of ignorance and despicable behavior as those who would deface others property just because they disagree with you.

Personally I don't think Obama is a good American, but I won't go treading on others rights if they choose to be dumb enough to support him. They still have the right.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I use to live in Colorado too and remember all the stuff that got messed up during the last election.They arrested an AirForce officer for defacing cars with spray paint if it had a Bush sticker on it. What a nut case.
Personally, when we were moving back to Utah we came through Colorado. We stopped at a couple of our favorite places. Coming out of one of them I caught a "hippy" looking older lady stealing my support the troups magnet off the back of my car. I yelled, "hey", at her and she ran off with it.

·
Registered
8,757 Posts
FBMG Smithy said:
Coming out of one of them I caught a "hippy" looking older lady stealing my support the troops magnet off the back of my car. I yelled, "hey", at her and she ran off with it.
Maybe she needed one for her car? :D

I think it's really sad how limited the typical American's ability to understand nuances of political opinion has become. As a nation, if it doesn't fit in a 15-second sound bite, it's beyond our ability to comprehend. For example, I have a "support our troops" magnet on my car, as well as a service flag for my brother (who is in "Rocket City" in Afghanistan), but if the hippy lady sat down to talk to me, she'd discover that I'm at least as strongly opposed to the war than she is.

I've thought about adding an anti-war bumper sticker next to my "support our troops" flag, but I'm afraid it would cause too many heads to explode on the freeway. Maybe one of these:

·
Registered
402 Posts
In 2006 I asked for a Rob Bishop sign for my front yard. They make great target stands once the election is over. I live on the corner of a moderately traveled road in Logan near Main Street in a Duplex with my side facing one street and the other half facing the other street. When the sign was delivered, I was at work so the delivery man put it up near the corner so people driving on both streets could see it. The guy in the other half came home, saw the sign and proceeded to break the support stick it was on and tossed it into the street. My wife witnessed this. When I got home I retrieved it and reposted it closer to my driveway. When the neighbor saw that it was my sign he said he was sorry. He thought some 'punk' had put it there without his permission and he did not want anyone in the area to think for a minute he was going to vote for Bishop. I ask why he thought the Democrat was a better choice and he said he wasn't going to vote for that guy, he just did not like others knowing where his political views were at. Funny thing is he is always the first to complain about poor voter turn out and poor candidates but I have yet to see him at the polling booth or get politically active on any issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts