Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im running a Basic Armorer class for the AR junkies among us July 31at 6pm. This class will cover detail strip, function, and maintenance. Cost is $40 and should run about 3 hrs.
If you are interested in signing up just call FBMG at 801-571-1160 or just stop in.

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
I want to do one of these so bad! Too bad all my extra cash (zero at present) is going towards building an AR. Let me know if you have any student discounts - you know, like you do for your CFP classes - for free :lol2:

Thanks for all you do Joe!

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Whats the cost if you buy an AR at the same time?

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
Oh, and I need to come down and talk about pricing - whether it's cheaper to buy parts separately or to buy a complete upper for example. I want to put a bunch of Magpul items on it (grip kit, CTR stock, etc) but don't really want to pay for the Stag parts if I can avoid it (again, due to a super limited budget). :roll: Money....

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GeneticsDave said:
Oh, and I need to come down and talk about pricing - whether it's cheaper to buy parts separately or to buy a complete upper for example. I want to put a bunch of Magpul items on it (grip kit, CTR stock, etc) but don't really want to pay for the Stag parts if I can avoid it (again, due to a super limited budget). :roll: Money....
Your cost is all in the bolt/carrier assembly and the barrel. If you dont intend to change either one then it is much cheaper to buy the complete upper.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
UtahCFP said:
Whats the cost if you buy an AR at the same time?
Two seperate things :( ...you are paying me not FBMG. Oh sure they get their cut but it's my class. No promises (and you didn't hear this from me) but see if Larry will budge a little.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Smithy,

What about *TOTAL* AR-15 virgins???

Aside from seeing them on display at the store, I've never handled or shot one. I've thought it would be great to get one someday but a bit intimidated b/c I don't really know anything about them (except how great everyone says they are... and how great they LOOK on display at the store!).

This sort of class would probably boost my comfort level with them a great deal.

Would my never having shot or operated one be too much of a hindrance for this class??? I don't want to slow down the class by asking how to just load the thing if that's way below where the class is designed for.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bane,
8) No worries, this is the class for you. Like the first post said this is a "basic" armorer class. We will talk about how it functions (infact I have a new flash program that shows how everything works as we talk about it) how to strip it down maintain it properly and put it all together again.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
<SWEET!> I'll be there! Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts