Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Yes, VERY enlightening. Gura presents a very good overview of where gun laws are (or SHOULD be) headed.

An interesting note - he cites a report that indicates that concealed firearm permit holders are found to be much more law-abiding than police officers. He also clarified that Heller DID try to register his pistol and was denied because it was a "machine gun", but all indications are that the 9 shot .22 (NOT bottom feeding) will be registered soon.

·
Premium Member
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
apollosmith said:
... He also clarified that Heller DID try to register his pistol and was denied because it was a "machine gun", but all indications are that the 9 shot .22 (NOT bottom feeding) will be registered soon.
I've read that he has since done so: Having Toppled D.C. Ban, Man Registers Revolver

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
apollosmith said:
Yes, VERY enlightening. Gura presents a very good overview of where gun laws are (or SHOULD be) headed.

An interesting note - he cites a report that indicates that concealed firearm permit holders are found to be much more law-abiding than police officers. He also clarified that Heller DID try to register his pistol and was denied because it was a "machine gun", but all indications are that the 9 shot .22 (NOT bottom feeding) will be registered soon.
I am glad you mentioned the report on concealed weapons holders being more law abiding than police officers. I read that report a couple of years ago and haven't been able to find it since then. I posted a much earlier post concerning this issue and took a lot of flack over it, especially from police on the site.
So if we can find it again I would love to see it posted. I am glad to see though, that this information which is not new to me has at least been reverified by a more vocal/influential individual than myself.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Cinhil said:
I am glad you mentioned the report on concealed weapons holders being more law abiding than police officers. I read that report a couple of years ago and haven't been able to find it since then. I posted a much earlier post concerning this issue and took a lot of flack over it, especially from police on the site.
So if we can find it again I would love to see it posted. I am glad to see though, that this information which is not new to me has at least been reverified by a more vocal/influential individual than myself.
:agree: I would love to see this report. The funniest/most disgusting part about the whole "machineguns" thing is that many of them are not bottom-loading...

--Geoff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts