Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it looks like I have volunteered myself to organize the August meet (shoulda kept my mouth shut!)

Weekday evenings have seemed to be the best way to get as many people there as possible, so we will probably stick with a Wednesday or Thursday evening in the middle of August.

I would love to do another bbq/picnic at the park -- mostly because I had to miss the last one! Some ideas being kicked around are Liberty and Sugarhouse parks -- something in one of the cities hippie strongholds...

If you have any input let's hear it!!! I will pick the date based on your input early next week.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Either one sounds good to us. Live close to both.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Ok, I vote Sugarhouse park... I used to live right around the corner...

But I'd be happy with anything... On OCDO it's been suggested we go to Layton City Park... I'm okay with that too.

Scotty, it sounds like you might have to just pick it.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Either one is fine with me.

However, during the discussions for last month's get together I believe a few people said they wouldn't go to Liberty Park. So you might want to choose Pioneer.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
bane said:
Either one is fine with me.

However, during the discussions for last month's get together I believe a few people said they wouldn't go to Liberty Park. So you might want to choose Pioneer.
Pioneer would probably be better... Less Schools to worry about.

·
Registered
119 Posts
jaredbelch said:
But I'd be happy with anything... On OCDO it's been suggested we go to Layton City Park... I'm okay with that too.
I would love to go to Layton Park it is right around the corner from my house, but Layton High School is right across the street. That probably wouldn't work for those who don't have permits.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I am for just about any park in SLC (since it is closer to me than Layton) as long as it is on Wednesday. Thursday night I have a night class. Maybe I will be able to make this one (unless I start a new job as I am graduating from UVU the first week in August). :dancing:

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Mazellan said:
I am graduating from UVU the first week in August). :dancing:
CONGRATS! Wow, you must've "made out" on that whole college-->university swap... pretty kewl! :)

·
Registered
701 Posts
Actually I believe that past graduates can pay some money and have their degree reprinted. but I don't know how far it goes back.

And thanks for the congrats!

·
Registered
164 Posts
You know, on OC, I mentioned Layton City park because it's close to us, but Pioneer Park sounds like it would be fun to. I don't remember if they have any BBQ pits there or not, so we'd probably have to bring some again.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Well, it looks like I have volunteered myself to organize the August meet (shoulda kept my mouth shut!)
:lolbang: :ROFL:

Still didn't learn from the 1st time you "volunteered" yourself :lolbang: :lolbang: :lolbang: :lolbang: :lolbang: :lolbang: :lolbang: :lolbang: :lolbang: :lolbang: :lolbang:

TJ

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Mazellan said:
I am for just about any park in SLC (since it is closer to me than Layton) as long as it is on Wednesday. Thursday night I have a night class. Maybe I will be able to make this one (unless I start a new job as I am graduating from UVU the first week in August). :dancing:
Congrats on graduating, I bet your glade, I was.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think SLC area is the way to go, that way the Utah County guys and the Davis County guys have about the same distance to travel. If we get up to Layton that would really discourage people coming from Utah County.

I think we have it narrowed down to Sugarhouse or Pioneer. Now taking votes. Does Pioneer Park have BBQ pits? Do we want to deal with the homeless guy sleeping on our picnic table? I am leaning towards Sugarhouse, but will go with the one that gets more votes.

I am thinking Wednesday, August 13 at 7:00 pm. Any compelling reasons to do it Tuesday or Thursday instead?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
ScottyT said:
I think SLC area is the way to go, that way the Utah County guys and the Davis County guys have about the same distance to travel. If we get up to Layton that would really discourage people coming from Utah County.

I think we have it narrowed down to Sugarhouse or Pioneer. Now taking votes. Does Pioneer Park have BBQ pits? Do we want to deal with the homeless guy sleeping on our picnic table? I am leaning towards Sugarhouse, but will go with the one that gets more votes.

I am thinking Wednesday, August 13 at 7:00 pm. Any compelling reasons to do it Tuesday or Thursday instead?
I'd vote Sugarhouse as well... For non-Permit holder to attend we would need to limit ourselves to the western half of the park... (Highland High School borders the park)

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&gl ... 8a6ba63d05

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
SUGARHOUSE!!!! Not touching Pioneer Park with a gloved hand and ten foot pole.

As far as I remember, most of the SLC parks have BBQ grills that need charcoal. You just need to call to schedule and double check what features each has.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Sugarhouse park sounds good and it does have BBQ pits.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I agree with the posts above. Sugarhouse park would be much nicer than Pioneer Park.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
ScottyT said:

What about the people in Cache and Weber Counties? Where is the love?? :lol2:

You won't be able to please everybody so pick a place that you think would be the best for our cause and I will come. 8)

·
Registered
304 Posts
GeneticsDave said:
SUGARHOUSE!!!! Not touching Pioneer Park with a gloved hand and ten foot pole.
I'm right there with you Dave. Last time I was in that area I had to pull over in front of the park. Almost immediately we had homeless people coming over to harrass us for food and money.

Sugarhouse park is my vote. I would feel alot safer taking my daughter there than Pioneer.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Sugarhouse sounds great. The last time I went through Pioneer OCing, I didn't have one homeless person come up to me at all. The SLC LEOs were more curious than the homeless guys were. I don't understand why (LOL).

1 - 20 of 63 Posts