Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems the world is getting stranger and stranger. I feel bad for the kid who got stabbed, i don't know what he could have done to stop this from happening. All done over jealousy over a girl. Heres the "battle ax/mace."

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=3896502

Teenager in critical condition after being attacked with battle ax
July 30th, 2008 @ 5:30pm
By Gene Kennedy

A Kearns teenager was attacked with a battle ax. The teenager was mutilated right in his driveway, and the sister of one of the men accused of doing this is devastated.

Destini Augustine talked exclusively with Eyewitness News. She said, "I was thinking about it and asking, 'How could my brother do that?' My mom asked him why he was in jail, and he said he cut up a kid."

Cody Augustine is accused of stabbing 17-year-old Justin Ennis 11 to 12 times. According to police, that was after Augustine's friend, Scott Stapley, hit the teen with a four-bladed medieval battle ax. Lt. Paul Jaroscak, with the Salt Lake County Sheriff's Office, says, "Our detectives are saying this could have easily decapitated this young man."

"That makes me sick," Destini Augustine said.

Jaroscak said, "Our detectives described it as something Conan the Barbarian used to ride through the crowd and strike soldiers with."

Investigators say the two suspects sent text messages to Ennis, luring him to his home. Then they attacked him on the street and stabbed him multiple times in his driveway. Bleeding profusely, the young man stumbled into his home, screaming for help.

According to detectives, the attack was motivated by jealousy over a girl.

The probable cause statement adds that Cody Augustine and Stapley confessed to the crime.

"They have done something that could land them in prison for many, many years," Jaroscak said.

When asked if she thought her brother should go to jail, Destini Augustine replied, "Yeah."

She does have a message for Justin Ennis' family. She said, "They're in our prayers and I'm sorry that happened to him. It's just horrible."

Ennis' injuries are horrific. His father tells us it took 300 stitches and 30 staples to close his neck. The teenager is in critical condition. His family believes he will survive.

Police were able to find the suspects because the victim ripped a necklace off one of them. It had the symbol of the Juggalos, a group that follows the rap band Insane Clown Posse. Police matched the necklace to a Juggalo bumper stick on an attacker's cars.

The district attorney is screening charges against the two suspects tonight.

E-mail: [email protected]

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
On a side note, I'm gonna be angry if KSL doesn't run a story asking if Utah's battle axe laws are effective.

·
Registered
378 Posts
thx997303 said:
And people wonder why i carry a gun. :raisedbrow:
No kidding.

xRapidDavex said:
On a side note, I'm gonna be angry if KSL doesn't run a story asking if Utah's battle axe laws are effective.
:lol3:

·
Premium Member
5,616 Posts
Police were able to find the suspects because the victim ripped a necklace off one of them. It had the symbol of the Juggalos, a group that follows the rap band Insane Clown Posse. Police matched the necklace to a Juggalo bumper stick on an attacker's cars.
Who isn't going to go nuts with a battle ax when they listen to a rap group called "Insane Clown Posse"?

Out of curiosity, I googled lyrics from that band. Here's a sample:
My axe iz my buddy, I bring him when I walk
me and my axe will leave your head outlined in chalk
My axe is my buddy, he always makes me laugh
me and my axe cut bigot spinal chords in half
My axe is my buddy, and when I wind him back
me and my axe will give your forehead a buttcrack
my axe is my buddy, I never leave without him
me and my axe will leave your neck a bloody fountain
Just try and tell me that listening to this kind of so-called music didn't affect their attitudes and mindset...
That is a culture of evil.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Rap culture, and that. It's just plain wrong.

I know you don't all agree with this, but why can't they just listen to country?

Oh wait, I remember, you can understand the words, and you can relate in a positive way. How could I be so foolish, listening to that country music. :roll:

·
Registered
542 Posts
eddified said:
Jeff Johnson said:
:agree:

Let's start a "Battle Axe Violence Prevention Center". We need a spokesman named Mr. Axx.
:lolbang: :ROFL: :lol3: :lolbang:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Jeff Johnson said:
Just try and tell me that listening to this kind of so-called music didn't affect their attitudes and mindset...
That's just plain disturbing. I absolutely believe that listening to that "music" affects attitudes and mindsets. It's sick and wrong. :disgusted:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
thx997303 said:

I know you don't all agree with this, but why can't they just listen to country?

Oh wait, I remember, you can understand the words, and you can relate in a positive way. How could I be so foolish, listening to that country music. :roll:
I agree with that. Or even some oldes from the 50's or 60's.

·
Registered
542 Posts
rdoggsilva said:
thx997303 said:

I agree with that. Or even some oldes from the 50's or 60's.
Or I'm sure they would love the mormon tabernacle choir....

·
Registered
17 Posts
After following the story the last couple of days I questioned myself a little. Would I be ready to draw on and fire my weapon against a teen boy? How about a teen girl? We all think we know exactly what we would do if the BadGuy is facing us, but what if a group of youngsters comes through your door at home or runs at you with their BattleAxe?
What is everyone elses thoughts on this?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Teen runs at me with battle ax? Dressed in rap related clothing, screaming profanities? BAng!

A real battle axe is a serious weapon. Usually a minimum of 50 pounds of wood and steel. If that teen is pissed enough to come at me with that, and has the strength to wield it, yeah they are definitely a threat to life. Mine, and their own.

I don't think I would have time to discern age in most self defense situations. If anything, in the aftermath, I would be really sad about it. Not about defending myself, but that some influence in their life had driven them to become homicidal.

·
Registered
8,757 Posts
gbpeay said:
After following the story the last couple of days I questioned myself a little. Would I be ready to draw on and fire my weapon against a teen boy? How about a teen girl?
No question in my mind. Draw and fire while shouting "STOP! DROP IT OR I'LL SHOOT", hoping that they'll obey so I don't have to fire. They keep coming, though, and by the time they get to 2-3 seconds away, I'm shooting.

If there's something I can duck behind to delay the need to shoot, I'd do it, but given a deadly threat like that I'll defend myself, and pray that they're not just playing a really, really stupid game. If it turns out that's what they were doing, well, I knew some kids who used to think it was fun to see how long they could stand in front of an oncoming train. One day one of them lost. Kids sometimes lose their lives by playing stupid games. It's sad, but it happens.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
gbpeay said:
After following the story the last couple of days I questioned myself a little. Would I be ready to draw on and fire my weapon against a teen boy? How about a teen girl? We all think we know exactly what we would do if the BadGuy is facing us, but what if a group of youngsters comes through your door at home or runs at you with their BattleAxe?
What is everyone elses thoughts on this?
I would...

[Bang], [Bang] [Bang], [Bang] [Bang] [Bang], tactical reload, scan for targets. Repeat if necessary.

I don't care who you are, you come after me with the intent and ability to cause serious bodily harm, I'm gonna stop the threat in the most efficient manner available to me.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Jeff Johnson said:
Who isn't going to go nuts with a battle ax when they listen to a rap group called "Insane Clown Posse"?

yeah I use to listen to ICP and even went to one of their concerts back 12 years ago, they have recently made a comback with in the past few years, I dont prefer the music now, the words say alot as you can see.
Music can be a huge influence on youger people, an obvious one here.

I dont know why people fight over other people.... I hope this kid makes a good recovery with little complications

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
We need more control in this world....SELF CONTROL.

Tarzan

·
Registered
167 Posts
If some crazy kid came at me with a battle axe playing a game or not he would end up in the morgue. That is a nasty looking weapon he used to stab that other teenager. I would try and avoid it if i could but if it came down to me or him well you should not bring a knife or battle axe to a gunfight.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts