Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm having a problem now that I've got my CFP. I am reaaaaaly skinny. 5'6" 135lbs on a heavy eating day :lol2: and I have an IWB holster that I place right about 1:00 and the handle of my Kimber Ultra Carry II is so very obvious. Was wondering if anyone had this problem or could point me in the right direction for a good spot to carry that I wont have to start wearing shirts that are oversized for me (I'm an XS in mens so even a small is kind of big on me... Yeah I know.. I'm a freakishly small person...)

·
Super Moderator
1,552 Posts
I'm pretty darn slim myself (190 lbs. and 6'2") and I can carry a full-sized Ruger P89 at the 9 o'clock position (I'm a lefty) without anyone noticing. Did it for a year before my wife noticed while hugging me once. Try carrying it at ALL positions around the right side of your waistband. The best position for you might actually be more toward the back, like 4:30-5:30 position.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Tapehoser and Clayton have you covered. I carry a similar gun as the OP at 4:30. It still prints a little in certain positions. I find I have to adjust sometimes, like kneeling instead of bending, etc.. Makes for good posture!

Good luck~

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm a really skinny guy... 6'0" and 140 lbs ...

I carry at 3:30, with a strong forward cant to help prevent the handle from sticking out too much. It's hidden quite well when I wear loose (not quite baggy) collared shirts, and hidden almost well when I wear my non-loose t-shirts (not loose but not tight either).

G

·
I'm 6' 1" and about 165 pounds. I carry at about 4:00. It's canted so the barrel is directly over my wallet. I also hang my keys from a caribiner on my right side while they sit in my back pocket (with my wallet). With the wallet bulging anyway, and the key ring and biner coming out of the pocket to the belt loop you can't even tell there is a gun there. I wear pretty tight shirts, too. When I wear shorter shirts they sometimes come up and reveal the grip, but I'm usually ok. Like everyone else says, you've just got to find a way that works for you specifically, but keep in mind, all the advice you can get will help you figure it out.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Steven P. Wenger has a holster selection page that is loaded with very good information located here...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm 5'10" and about 135 or so. I carry IWB at about 5 o'clock, it's very difficult to print, even if I wanted to.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Maybe look into good leather, something that puts the gun in a strong cant. I carry a Kahr, so I can get away with a Don Hume clip on IWB, but I notice the gun feels more flush to my body when I cant the holster forward, unfortunately it doesn't stay like that with my current holster. I'm thinknig about getting a quality holster myself, since I think I could wear just about anything with the Kahr if I could keep it canted properly. I carry around 7:30 too.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Shane said:
I'm fat so I can't help ya :shock: but I found 3:30-4:00 with a 20 degree cant works best for me.
Ditto - i was going to suggest Ding Dongs and pepsi - worked for me :lol2:

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm 5'6" and 135 lbs as well. Try 4-5 o'clock. I have no problem concealing my XD 45 under a t-shirt. Sometimes I will wear a button down shirt over the top if I want a little more concealment. Also darker colored shirts don't print as much as lighter colored shirts.

·
Registered
66 Posts
5' 9", 135 lbs. I use the Crossbreed SuperTuck for my XD 40 sub compact. I carry it around 4-5 o'clock and it hides it quite well. For work I wear fitted, button down shirts and on the weekends I wear "slim-fit" tee-shirts with no print (unless I bend over to get something). Here's a pic of my work clothes. I'll have to get some pics of my weekend attire sometime.

...and the holster...

·
Registered
237 Posts
I only use SmartCarry because IWB holsters aggravate my back as well, specifically my sacroiliac joint. In fact, I'm going to physical therapy tomorrow because I'm having a lot of pain there. :crying:

G

·
It seems the older I get the better I was. I remember the ground being softer when I was younger. I remember when real aches and pains came from being stupid and reckless not, every day things. I remember being invincible, funny how that caused all my pains today, now I have bottles and tubes of liniment. I find myself wondering; why ibuprofen is not available in five gallon buckets, have I had more hours of education or physical therapy, why do I know wen a storm is coming without looking outside? :dunno:
:thijack:

Back on topic I wear a 48 suit coat shoulder holsters don't work for me (for C.C.) you need a deeper chest for that. then there's super Dell hes skinny and always has that fanny pack.

Good luck at the Doc, Hamm. I know back pain can be a real pain in the .......... everything.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've been carrying at about 5:00 now. IWB with a slight cant. Your can barely see the print of the bottom of the grip. Not too noticable. Although sometimes I do find myself sitting kind of funny, not to mention the new inability to easily remove my wallet from my back pocket (minor inconvenience I'm getting better at it)

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
hamm said:
I only use SmartCarry because IWB holsters aggravate my back as well, specifically my sacroiliac joint. In fact, I'm going to physical therapy tomorrow because I'm having a lot of pain there. :crying:
SmartCarry is a good idea, but I can't get to it fast. I'm heavy set and tighten my belt to a point that I fumble trying to get to my gun.

·
Registered
133 Posts
xRapidDavex said:
hamm said:
SmartCarry is a good idea, but I can't get to it fast. I'm heavy set and tighten my belt to a point that I fumble trying to get to my gun.
You should be posting what you've found words for you on the thread about concealed carry for the heavy set guy.

Thats an issue I'm still working on, though I still have about a month before my Permit comes in.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts