13. Transferring Personal Firearms (sell, give, loan)
a. A resident of a State may transfer a firearm to a resident of the same State.
1) But may not transfer a Hand Gun to a person under 18 years of age, Â§ 922(x)(1), 1 year or 10 years; see exceptions, Â§ 922(x)(3).
b. A resident of a State may not transfer a firearm to a resident of another State, Â§ 922(a)(5), 5 years.
1) But may transfer a firearm to a non-resident via a Will or intestate succession (no Will but State law describes division of estate), Â§ 922(a)(5)(A).
2) But may loan or rent a firearm to a non-resident for temporary lawful sporting purposes, Â§ 922(a)(5)(B).
3) But may deliver a firearm to a non-resident by first delivering the firearm to a FFL in the recipientâ€™s State. The transfer would then take place at the FFLâ€™s premises, Â§ 922(a)(1)(A).