Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is waiting for her CFP to come, so I called the BCI last week (July 5th) to see where they were at as far as sending them out. I was told they were working on the April 27th submissions. So they're just a bit beyond the 60 day turn-around.

I don't mean to condemn the BCI, because my impression is that they are really trying to do a great job for us. Rather, I hope they are behind because of the number of people wanting their permits.

· Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The S.L. Tribune had an article on Friday (7-28-06) about the BCI's problem getting the concealed carry permits done on time. They attributed the problem to two causes: a 60% jump in the number of permit applications (58% of the total coming from requests for non-resident permits) and insufficent budget to hire additional people to handle the increase.

I wasn't aware that the CFP fees paid to the BCI for the permits doesn't stay with the BCI, it goes to the general state coffers. Then the state turns around and gives the BCI a budget (inadequate) to run the CFP program. Doesn't seem fair, because more applications don't result in more money coming to the BCI to administer the program. Some of the solution seems to be to get the state legislature to allow all the CFP fees to go to the BCI so they can do their job.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.