Utah Guns Forum banner

Carry on Federal Property

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  tylernye 
#1 ·
Does anybody think they will ever let permit holders carry on a military installation? It is a pain, like if I have to go to a bunch of appointments and one happens to be on base then I am out of luck I just have to leave it home and I hate not having my gun. City cops arent even supposed to carry on base they are supposed to keep it locked up in there trunk but they never do I see them all the time and nobody says anything, but boy get caught with a concealed weapon on base and see what happens.

#2 ·
It's been a long time since I have been in the Military, but can you just check it in at the gate and pick it up when you leave? Or don't they have the ability to do this?

G
#4 ·
In Fort Lewis I was 1 of about 40 credentialed to carry concealed. It was for official use only, and only for military weapons. I could not carry my P226 to the arms room and switch it for a 228 on a day I had a duty in civies. I don't know AFR's but I would say there is likely no place to check your gun and, possibly no way to lock it in your car.

#5 ·
That's a real pain for me, since I frequently travel to various military bases around the country. I've gotten good at using the hotel safes to store my firearm during the day (when I'm in a state that has reciprocity with Utah). Unfortunately, sometimes I travel to states that are very hostile to my RKBA, like last week in upstate New York.

#7 ·
Outsider said:
According to my Utah CFP class I took last Tuesday we were told it is a Felony if you carry on federal property
Well, I'm going to disagree with that absolute statement slightly. It's not illegal to carry on ALL federal property; for example, carry on BLM land and National Forests, both federal property, is legal unless there are specific closures for some reason.

#8 ·
Car Knocker said:
Outsider said:
According to my Utah CFP class I took last Tuesday we were told it is a Felony if you carry on federal property
Well, I'm going to disagree with that absolute statement slightly. It's not illegal to carry on ALL federal property; for example, carry on BLM land and National Forests, both federal property, is legal unless there are specific closures for some reason.
I'll have to look into it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.