Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
3,725 Posts
I am one who deleted a post. To make a long story short, GeneticsDave posted in the thread suggesting that we were making a DeFacto gun registration list. He said something like "No way am I posting my gun info". I was a little bit bothered (OK a bunch bothered) with his response in the thread so I did a quick search of his posts and within 10 minutes had his specific gun and carry method posted. I thought it was kind of funny. I basically said since he won't post his gun info I will do it for him because I knew full good and well he had stated that information before on this forum and it was ALREADY public knowledge. I searched his old posts and sure enough found his gun and carry method in his previous posts. Dave sent me a PM politely asking me to delete my post with his info in it which I did and he deleted his post that didn't fit in the thread. Everything is cool between us.

I for one am not concerned about posting some personal information. The least of my worries is my gun. Now if someone asked for serial numbers I wouldn't post that. I figure anyone that really wants to know who I am could figure it out real quick so what do I have to hide. As a member of this forum it is OBVIOUS I have a gun and carry concealed so what difference does it make stating the gun and carry method. I guess the real question is who are you afraid of? What are you afraid of? And why? This is a personal decision. Some people don't want any personal info revealed. Others use there own name as their screen name. So it is a personal decison on how much info you reveal. If you are that concerned about it, I would suggest that you don't have anything to do with the internet. Simply being a member reveals info in my opinion and computer geeks can figure out who, what, when etc pretty fast now days. I don't loose sleep over it.

· Premium Member
3,725 Posts
roseblood said:
Put this in the search string for Google: marksman site:utahconcealedcarry.com

That should worry you enough.
For quicker info, click on the member. Click on profile, then select view all threads and you can read all threads ever posted by that member. Much faster than google and all in one nice little place.

· Premium Member
3,725 Posts
GeneticsDave said:
What if you were involved in a legal suit, would you want what you have said used in court?
This is an interesting question. Some may actually benefit from showing their posts. Could be good....could be bad. Guess this one depends on your posts and history. I would hope the whole of my posts would reflect a safe, careful, lawabiding citizen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.