Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone attended a concert at Electric Park at Thanksgiving Point? Do they allow concealed carry or do they use metal detectors to check?

·
Premium Member
4,563 Posts
Welcome to UCC!

Unfortunately, I don't have an answer to your question.

Please be sure to introduce yourself in this forum.

·
Registered
356 Posts
ammonk said:
Has anyone attended a concert at Electric Park at Thanksgiving Point? Do they allow concealed carry or do they use metal detectors to check?
I know that SGTJensen was at a carshow there (Thanksgiving Point) last week or so. He OCed the whole time and no problem.

TJ

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have been to a number of concerts at Thanksgiving Point and have not seen any signs nor do they use metel detectors. I have never had any trouble at the outdoor areas.

Scallywag

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just a quick update for everyone. I attended a concert last night at Electric Park and I did carry. However, while they were letting people in, they were performing pat downs on everyone and I opted to leave my gun in the car.

·
Registered
8,757 Posts
ammonk said:
Just a quick update for everyone. I attended a concert last night at Electric Park and I did carry. However, while they were letting people in, they were performing pat downs on everyone and I opted to leave my gun in the car.
Just curious... would their pat down have found a gun in a smart carry holster?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They only searched my sides...Under my arms, waist and ankles. If you had a holster in the front or in your back or even a belly band, they would not have found it. Unfortunately, all I have right now is a side belt holster.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I have only been there once, about 3 years ago. I concealed while going around the corn maze but was so hot I had to take my jacket off when getting dinner. My gun was exposed and I had no trouble. There were no signs anywhere either. Of course, that was then & this is now so who knows?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
If its legal fo rme to go there and i'm there I'm packing. :gun8:

Tarzan

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So what is the law when it comes to getting a pat down? There are no signs, and I have the legal right to carry. My guess is that the High School kids running security do not know the law and will either freak out and call the police or ask me to leave.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
ammonk said:
So what is the law when it comes to getting a pat down? There are no signs, and I have the legal right to carry. My guess is that the High School kids running security do not know the law and will either freak out and call the police or ask me to leave.
If they approach you and want to pat you down, do not consent, but inform them of your legal status and if they ask you to leave, take your money and go.

Tarzan

·
Registered
8,757 Posts
ammonk said:
There is no law covering this. They have no legal right to pat you down, but they have the right to deny you entry unless you submit to the search. If they pat you down and find a gun, you've done nothing wrong and if the police are called you'll just show them your CFP.

Tarzan's approach is the more cautious one, but I think if the patdown looked like it probably wouldn't find my weapon, I'd just let them do the search. If they did happen to find it, then I'd proceed to explain that I have a permit, etc. Odds are that if they find it you'll be asked to put it in the car or leave.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
swillden said:
ammonk said:
There is no law covering this. They have no legal right to pat you down, but they have the right to deny you entry unless you submit to the search. If they pat you down and find a gun, you've done nothing wrong and if the police are called you'll just show them your CFP.

Tarzan's approach is the more cautious one, but I think if the patdown looked like it probably wouldn't find my weapon, I'd just let them do the search. If they did happen to find it, then I'd proceed to explain that I have a permit, etc. Odds are that if they find it you'll be asked to put it in the car or leave.
In hind site, I should have done exactly this. Figuring my wife had bought tickets to the concert and would most likely have used the gun on me if they wouldn't let us in, I opted to play it safe.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
ammonk said:
In hind site, I should have done exactly this. Figuring my wife had bought tickets to the concert and would most likely have used the gun on me if they wouldn't let us in, I opted to play it safe.
that can be a problem sometimes...LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts