Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a CFP class for everyone on July 31, 2008 in Salt Lake. It will be held at 6:00 pm. Cost for this class is only $15. YUP, only $15. figured we can all use a price break because of the gas prices. Let me know by email at [email protected] to let us know if you are going to attend. It will be held at the Jim's Resturaunt located at 3900 south 900 east. Space is lilmited and you must contact us so we can put you on the list. Thanks and be safe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,757 Posts
Hi Chris,

After lots of working on her, my wife agreed to attend this one. I got her to agree to go take the course tomorrow in Orem from UtahCFP, but then we had a conflict. I'll get the 31st blocked out! I'll come along too, partly for moral support and partly to meet you, cuz.

I don't think she'll ever carry, and she probably wont apply for the permit, but I'm just happy to have convinced her to take the class. I think it will be useful for her to understand the issues, and by all accounts you guys do a great class.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,129 Posts
I'm going to show up at the class on the 31st wearing my photographer/notary hats to provide those services (for a wee fee), so I'll see y'all there. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,195 Posts
Read this and thought that even if she didn't get a permit to carry, my wife might learn lot's about ccw and laws concerning it so she could have better understanding of it. It also helps that Jim's is on 39th and we live on 40th! Very close venue! Anyhow, we'll see if she will go, still need to teach her more concerning weapons so she is less intimidated by them as she never grew up around them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great, hope to see you all there. Glad that UTAHCFP offered to do photos and notary.... Be nice ot meet another instructor and share info. If you have any questions please contact me through our website..... I get the emails to my blackberry and can't always sign into the forum right now.... :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
After I talked my wife into going, she talked her cousin and her cousins' husband into going. How sweet is that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
Yeah, women are social creatures. My wife will be there tonight, and she invited her mom. Not sure if her mom will come... but that'd be nice if she did.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
Oh Fooey! I wish I saw this post sooner! My best friend and my hubby want to do CFP class. Maybe next time.
:crying:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Well, everything went well tonight, I had to work so I missed half of it, but I only wanted to observe anyway. My wife enjoyed the class very much, especially a story about declaring weapons at the airport. Was anyone else there besides me from UCC, or OCDO?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,129 Posts
An enjoyable time was had by all. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,757 Posts
My wife finagled her way out again :( . Ah, well. I learned long ago that gentle urging eventually works, it just takes time. It took me three years to convince her to try SCUBA diving, but she eventually tried it and now we love diving together.

I'll get her to a CFP class, but it may be a while.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
542 Posts
swillden said:
My wife finagled her way out again :( . Ah, well. I learned long ago that gentle urging eventually works, it just takes time. It took me three years to convince her to try SCUBA diving, but she eventually tried it and now we love diving together.

I'll get her to a CFP class, but it may be a while.
thats on thing I'm thankful for, is that my girlfriend and I have close to the same hobbies.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
scott.pete06 said:
swillden said:
My wife finagled her way out again :( . Ah, well. I learned long ago that gentle urging eventually works, it just takes time. It took me three years to convince her to try SCUBA diving, but she eventually tried it and now we love diving together.

I'll get her to a CFP class, but it may be a while.
thats on thing I'm thankful for, is that my girlfriend and I have close to the same hobbies.
Scott, Is your lady going to join us for the Women's shoot on the morning of August 30th? I'm putting together a car pool. PM me and we can work out the transportation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There was a great turn out. thanks again to Dave for doing the photo's and the notary for everyone. We will do another low cost class soon. Be safe everyone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,822 Posts
Strategic Tactical said:
There was a great turn out. thanks again to Dave for doing the photo's and the notary for everyone. We will do another low cost class soon. Be safe everyone.
Are there any other low cost classes you can offer? Defensive shooting tactics, etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,822 Posts
Strategic Tactical said:
From what I can see, our prices are the lowest out there. There might be some that aren't but most are.
Basically, I don't know who you are or what classes you offer (I'm new here). Do you have a website with this info?
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top