Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,323 Posts
xmirage2kx said:
Agreed, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
They will never change due to public pressure.

This leaves you with a choice.

Transgress a lesser law for a greater responsibility, or not.

Remember Adam and Eve

Tarzan

· Registered
1,323 Posts
tapehoser said:
Tarzan1888 said:
They will never change due to public pressure.
I disagree. Ask Clark Aposhian, since he helped draft that little piece of legislation. The law allowing a church to forbid us from carrying our concealed weapons onto their property was brought about because a group of sheeple asked, NAY, begged the LDS Church leaders to 'protect' them from us mean widd-o gun wubbers.

That is why they have not pushed similar legislation in other states where the LDS Church has a presence (i.e. church buildings).

If enough people wrote the LDS Church's First Presidency about the foolishness of the law, I think they'd take their name of the BCI web site.
Hope springs eternal.

But until that happens......remember Adam and Eve.

Tarzan

· Registered
1,323 Posts
Ruger Collector said:
Walther said:
As far as the LDS Church is concerened, the Brethern have said not to carry in the church so I don't, but that is just me and I don't judge others in what they do.
Those following the first principal of concealed carry, "Concealed" (that includes keeping your, and your families mouths shut), are highly unlikely to be discovered at any non-secured location.

The following is purely hypothetical:
Do you really think any church would excommunicate or prosecute members who stood up in an emergency willing to give his or her own life for the protection of others, just because they used a prohibited tool to stop harm from becoming the innocent? I suspect that the church officials might even work to persuade the government from pursuing charges.

Purely speculation on my part. Please always obey the law.
I like the way you think. :wink:

Tarzan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.