Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Live in the St. George area and was wondering how does one decide the best CCW permit class Instructor? There doesn't appear to be alot of Instructors in this area, but 3 of my friends and I are looking for a good instructor. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think, the CC classes are allot like hunters education classes. They are meant to get you started on the right path by giving you the fundamentals but then it's up to you to build on information they give you, because there is more to know than what can be given in the time frame that the instructors has.

I would say get the permit and then do just what you have done here, ask people that have a CCW permit questions, read, and keep learning.

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
Have a look in the Training Center. This is a subforum we have created to allow instructors to post information about courses they offer. I'm not sure what the selection is like for Southern Utah, but you should check it out.

·
Premium Member
5,616 Posts
Like Dave says, check out the Training Center. The thread at the top of that forum shows instructors' contact info.
It looks to me like one of them, at least, is willing to go to St. George: CFP of Utah Inc
His profile says, "Logan to St George". Give him a call.

Oh, and please introduce yourself in the Introduce Yourself forum. Give us a chance to welcome you properly. That's one of those forum rules, ya know.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Good Luck with the instructor hunt. I only advise that you chat around a bit and I'm sure someone will make a suggestion. Most of them are fairly good. Just make sure you research yourself and continue to train on top of that. I've heard of cases where even the instructors gave improper or incorrect information. Even in my course, we were told that Open Carry is against the law inside city limits of any town in Utah, and that if we did carry openly we could be prosecuted. I won't go into pertaining laws, but if you read around you will find out quickly that this is not the case whatsoever, unloaded. And if you have a permit you can do so loaded. You can figure this out just by reading through all the state penal codes. So listen, research, and have a good time. But also make sure you continue to research and train outside the classroom. Instructors are people too and can make mistakes. You'll find great resources on here along with many intructors here too. We've all been there before so we all probably have some solutions involving CCW or references for finding CCW laws. Good Luck finding an instructor. Dex Taylor teaches in your woods too, Jeff mentioned him before.He is a certified NRA and POST instructor. He is a really good instructor,other than the open carry debackle, and a great guy. I would not hesitate to send you to him to get your permit, just remember to continue learning and training after you leave the class and receive your permit. Cheers and welcome to the forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts