Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a bit of a Knife-Nut and have been since I was given my first pocketknife at age 8. It was a Roy Rogers Camillus. Man I wish I still had it in original condition. Been collecting knives ever since. Proly 500 of so by now.

Through the years I have developed quite a respect for and carry Bench-Made Daily. The Mel Pardut Tanto in my boot and the HK in my pocket with my keys and change. Both are Bench-Made autos and are used daily.

What do you carry in your pocket?

DL
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,098 Posts
DeeJay said:
What do you carry in your pocket?
I carry a gun in my pocket.

Ok, I do carry a small, folding Buck knife in the other pocket but it's not a weapon, it's a tool.

ian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
As far as knives go, I carry a Kershaw R.A.M. daily in my left back pocket:



In my left front pocket, I carry a Kahr MK9 in a Don Hume wallet holster:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,323 Posts
ian husford said:
DeeJay said:
What do you carry in your pocket?
......Ok, I do carry a small, folding Buck knife in the other pocket but it's not a weapon, it's a tool.

ian
My gun is a tool too. :D

Tarzan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,750 Posts
I am a big Benchmade fan and have carried one since 1999.

I have a Stryker and a CQC7 but my favorite is my Mini-Griptilian. It goes with me everywhere except customer sites that have a no weapons policy. :cry:

Here it is with my other trusted friend:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
613 Posts
Been carrying a CS Recon 1, but today I received my new ZT 0200, so that will be my new EDC. 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
542 Posts
k-bar tactical folding knife, and a leatherman.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,600 Posts
My cell-phone with "emergency 911 speed-dialing" enabled.

Just kidding.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,757 Posts
Here's my stuff. I don't like carrying a lot so I try to minimize it.

  • XD9SC, either on my belt or in my Smart Carry holster[/*]
  • Cellphone, with '9' configured to speed dial 911 (back left pocket)[/*]
  • 1/2 ounce pepper spray (front left pocket, with my car keys)[/*]
  • Boker switchblade knife w/3.75" blade (front right pocket)[/*]
  • Wallet (back right pocket)[/*]

Sometimes I carry a Gerber multi-tool on my belt rather than the knife in my pocket. That's only when I expect to need it. The knife is for cutting stuff, but could be a weapon in a pinch. I like the switchblade because I can open it one-handed. It looks like this:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,600 Posts
swillden said:
[*]1/2 ounce pepper spray (front left pocket, with my car keys)
Swil,

Which OC do you carry -- it sounds small, is it??? I had one about the size of the Fox ones I've seen (a roll of quarters) but I just thought it was too bulky and gave it to my mom. I'm looking for something quite a bit smaller that will fit into my pocket without noticing it -- the Fox ones in a front pocket look like you are trying to "account for something", if you know what I mean. :oops: But some of the really small ones seem like (compared to the Fox ones anyways) their BTU's are quite a bit lower. I'm ready to buy a new one so any info. you can give would be helpful.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
swillden said:
Here's my stuff. I don't like carrying a lot so I try to minimize it.

  • XD9SC, either on my belt or in my Smart Carry holster[/*]
  • Cellphone, with '9' configured to speed dial 911 (back left pocket)[/*]
  • 1/2 ounce pepper spray (front left pocket, with my car keys)[/*]
  • Boker switchblade knife w/3.75" blade (front right pocket)[/*]
  • Wallet (back right pocket)[/*]

Sometimes I carry a Gerber multi-tool on my belt rather than the knife in my pocket. That's only when I expect to need it. The knife is for cutting stuff, but could be a weapon in a pinch. I like the switchblade because I can open it one-handed. It looks like this:

Sometimes I wonder how some guys on here keep their pants up. Suspenders?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,323 Posts
This is mine.

Tarzan
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,600 Posts
bane said:
swillden said:
[*]1/2 ounce pepper spray (front left pocket, with my car keys)
Swil,

Which OC do you carry -- it sounds small, is it??? I had one about the size of the Fox ones I've seen (a roll of quarters) but I just thought it was too bulky and gave it to my mom. I'm looking for something quite a bit smaller that will fit into my pocket without noticing it -- the Fox ones in a front pocket look like you are trying to "account for something", if you know what I mean. :oops: But some of the really small ones seem like (compared to the Fox ones anyways) their BTU's are quite a bit lower. I'm ready to buy a new one so any info. you can give would be helpful.
<BUMP>... Swil???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,757 Posts
bane said:
bane said:
swillden said:
[*]1/2 ounce pepper spray (front left pocket, with my car keys)
Swil,

Which OC do you carry -- it sounds small, is it??? I had one about the size of the Fox ones I've seen (a roll of quarters) but I just thought it was too bulky and gave it to my mom. I'm looking for something quite a bit smaller that will fit into my pocket without noticing it -- the Fox ones in a front pocket look like you are trying to "account for something", if you know what I mean. :oops: But some of the really small ones seem like (compared to the Fox ones anyways) their BTU's are quite a bit lower. I'm ready to buy a new one so any info. you can give would be helpful.
<BUMP>... Swil???
Oops, sorry. I didn't have any time when I saw this and decided to answer later -- then promptly forgot about it.

I carry one of these. I bought them when Amazon was selling the pack of 6 for $20. They're small, not a lot of capacity, and only 10% OC, but I can hit a face-sized region from about ten feet away, and even 10% is very incapacitating if you can get it in their nose/mouth/eyes. The compact size makes them very easy to carry. I attached one of the six to my wife's wallet/purse, gave one to my daughter (because she wanted it), used one for testing so I could see how they worked, and carry whichever of the other three is handy when I get dressed.
 
1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Top