Utah Guns Forum banner

Daughter's science project

6K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  srbeck 
Jeff,
Great job with you daughter and her project! I have twin girls who are apporaching the science project stage. I think you've done all of us and our families a great service by reminding us what we CAN do in education. As a side light, while serving as Shooting Sports Director at Camp Frontier at East Fork of the Bear Boy Scout Reservation, we would do a similar demonstration using pop cans and a .22 rifle fired from 50 feet. A well-hit warm coke would literally turn inside-out when struck by a hollow-point bullet. We also shot potatoes and apples, which the animals there enjoyed. Some years ago, I participated in a company's Gun Safety CD-ROM where we filmed in vhs for real-time and with 16mm film for slo-mo. We shot through a simulated wall as found in a home with a .22 rifle, striking the un-opened pop can behind, and also shot with a 12 Gauge shotgun, a .270 Winchester Rifle and a .45ACP handgun into watermelons. The shotgun and rifle blasted the watermelon to watery pulp. (Can you say BLOW BACK?) The .45 pistol using a Speer Gold Dot 230 grain hollow point blew off the top two thirds, and removed the seeds from the rest. It was very tasty! Once again, congrats to your daughter!

srbeck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.