Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
When you search for new posts, it will list the ones that have new posts since your last visit AND any topics that have been posted to in the last day regardless of if you have read them or not (they are new to the board, but you may have read the posts already). The new color (pink) means that there are posts in that topic that you have not read yet (so you know the difference between topics that have newly posted unread posts (flashing pink) and those topics that have been posted to recently.

If you have not read the posts, it would make sense to keep them flashing pink - the board thinks you haven't seen the posts yet and justly so, you haven't. The older method (while you may have liked it), made it so that a screen refresh or accidental closure of a browser window made all the new posts disappear (not cool). If you are not interested in the topic I would suggest just setting your preferences in User Control Panel, Board Preferences, Edit Display Options, Display topics from previous days to a set number of days and just ignoring the topics you are uninterested in until the time has elapsed, then they will not show up in your new posts area. Of course, this could mess things up, so I would personally just click the topic title and then hit back when it's loaded. I read everything, so I guess if you only follow certain topics, this could be annoying.

As far as being a posse member, I like it this way. I can't seem to change anything board wide on my end to help you out - but perhaps Jeff or Thomas have extra options?

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
heavykevy said:
Also, I am not staying logged in even if I check the box for automatic login.
I'm having the same problem. Even if I just close the UCC tab and leave the browser open I don't seem to stay logged in. Perhaps we need to readjust our cookies (on the board) so that they stay active longer.

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
Yeah, I used to be on T-Mobile and switched for the phone. To be honest though, I get better reception in the places I frequent, so it's actually a good thing for me. I hate cell phone companies though - what a racket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.