The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.
As a wise man once said:
1. Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
2. If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics are wrong.
3. I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy.
4. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
5. A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him 'Why do you carry a 45?' The Ranger responded, 'Because they don't make a 46.'
6. An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity.
7. The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm. 'Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?' 'No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle.'
8. Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it!
But wait, there's more!
A man was once asked by a lady visiting if he had a gun in the house. He said he did.
She said, 'Well I certainly hope it isn't loaded!'
To which he said, of course it is loaded, it can't work without bullets!'
She then asked, 'Are you that afraid of some one evil coming into your house?'
His reply was, 'No not at all. I am not afraid of the house catching fire either, but I have fire extinguishers around, and they are all loaded too.'
Having a gun in the house that isn't loaded is like having a car in the garage without gas in the tank.
If you're a firm believer of the 2nd Amendment, pass this on.