Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
**Read before scrolling down**

Have you ever heard that a dog 'knows' when an earthquake is about to hit?

Have you ever heard that a dog can 'sense' when a tornado is stirring up, even 20 miles away?

Do you remember hearing that before the December tsunami struck Southeast Asia, dogs started running frantically away from the seashore at breakneck speeds ?

Do you know that dogs can detect cancer and other serious illnesses and danger of fire?

Somehow they always know when they can 'go for a ride' before you even ask and how do those dogs and cats get home from hundreds of miles away?

I'm a firm believer that animals - and especially dogs - have keen insights into the Truth. And you can't tell me that dogs can't sense a potentially terrible disaster well in advance.

Simply said, a dog just KNOWS when something isn't right.......when impending doom is upon us, they'll always try to warn us !!
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\

·
Registered
378 Posts
:lolbang: :ROFL: :lolbang: :ROFL: :lolbang: :ROFL: :lolbang: :ROFL: :lolbang:

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
:ROFL:

·
Registered
342 Posts
That's a thing of beauty right there! I wish people had as much common sense as dogs. :lol: :lol2:

·
Registered
389 Posts
that is freakin funny! I saw a preview for this dog, I believe was in a nursing home that would run to a patients door if he sensed death and would be right! Its just amazing.

·
Registered
476 Posts
You owe me a new keyboard. :ROFL:

·
Registered
230 Posts
thx997303 said:
Don't want a political discussion, but you know your libertarian vote will do nothing right?
They wont win.
Nothing?

It allows me to feel like I actually exercised my right to vote without actually voting for someone who I can't possibly vote for. :dunno:

edit: I hope you're planning on voting for who you feel is best for the country, and not who you think is going to win.

·
Registered
223 Posts
mchlwise said:
thx997303 said:
Don't want a political discussion, but you know your libertarian vote will do nothing right?
They wont win.
Nothing?

It allows me to feel like I actually exercised my right to vote without actually voting for someone who I can't possibly vote for. :dunno:

edit: I hope you're planning on voting for who you feel is best for the country, and not who you think is going to win.
Even if the Libertarian candidate hasn't got a snowball's chance in Hades THIS election, it does NOT follow that someone voting libertarian "means nothing". It's theoretically possible that if people were to go ahead and "throw" away their vote enough, it could gain the attention of media, etc, and the libertarian vote could grow and grow every election till finally, 16 or 20 years down the road (or more), it's enough to win an election. (doing so would probably mean the political landscape would change in such a way as to "kill" one of the now-dominant parties, causing it's voters to coalese under the other existing parties --- forming a two party system once again.)

Probable? I suppose. Likely? Absolutely not.

Sorry, :thijack:

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Okay, so what I mean is it does nothing for the country.

Though it sucks that we don't have good choices. But McCain wont destroy the country like Obama will.

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
thx997303 said:

Though it sucks that we don't have good choices. But McCain wont destroy the country like Obama will.
I think what you meant to say was "McCain won't destroy the Country as FAST as Obama will." They both have terrible policies and their fiscal plans WILL destroy this Country and take us back to the Great Depression.

Personally, I can't stomach voting for someone that I KNOW will hurt and/or destroy our republic. I just would never feel good about myself having done so. Bob Barr is a little conservative for me, but he's a good middle ground and would make a MUCH BETTER president than either Two-Party Delegate.

Don't throw your vote away with someone you don't like, that just supports the broken system. Tell them that they SUCK and you won't vote for them, that will get their attention... Sure, the Libertarian Bob Barr may not win, but if you don't support the GOOD GUYS, the BAD GUYS will ALWAYS win. It's the mentality of throwing away a vote on a lesser known candidate that keeps getting us into these really crappy situations. I say, NO MORE!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I agree that Bob Barr would make a better president.

And after reading your post, I can't make out what you are saying. Probably my problem, but could you elaborate?

ETA: Scratch that, I understand it now. You are going to vote libertarian right?

Anyway, unfortunately, keeping Obama out, is my concern right now. Remember that McCain may not even be able to get anything done, due to the democratically controlled congress.

If you could convince enough people to vote libertarian, Do IT! I'm all for fixing the system, but that needs to start long before an election.

Start it now, and maybe it will make a difference next election. And let me know how I can help.

BTW, does anybody know how to do an absentee ballot? I will be absent after all :D

·
Registered
378 Posts
GeneticsDave said:
thx997303 said:

I think what you meant to say was "McCain won't destroy the Country as FAST as Obama will." They both have terrible policies and their fiscal plans WILL destroy this Country and take us back to the Great Depression.

Personally, I can't stomach voting for someone that I KNOW will hurt and/or destroy our republic. I just would never feel good about myself having done so.

Don't throw your vote away with someone you don't like, that just supports the broken system. Tell them that they SUCK and you won't vote for them, that will get their attention... Sure, the Libertarian Bob Barr may not win, but if you don't support the GOOD GUYS, the BAD GUYS will ALWAYS win. It's the mentality of throwing away a vote on a lesser known candidate that keeps getting us into these really crappy situations. I say, NO MORE!
:agree: +10

My vote is going for Chuck Baldwin of the Constitution party.

·
Registered
8,757 Posts
GeneticsDave said:
Unfortunately, it's a mathematical fact that voting your conscience, instead of voting strategically, will help to elect the candidates whose beliefs are most DIFFERENT from your own. The reason is pretty simple: third-party candidates will draw more of their support from the major party who is nearer to their beliefs than the one who is further. If you want a real example: Ross Perot gave the presidency to Bill Clinton. 80% of Perot's support came from conservatives who would have voted for Bush.

I often vote Libertarian or Constitution Party, but only because I know that Utah's five electoral votes are going to the Republican candidate. If there were any chance that Obama could get Utah's votes, I'd vote for McCain.

Sending a message is a good idea; but make sure you're sending the right message. Diverting Utah's votes to Obama is the WRONG message. Lucky for us, the chances of that are nearly nil.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts