Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm driving to Washington next month and the road I'm taking goes through Oregon. Oregon doesn't honor my UT permit so what do i have to do when i get to the state border to stay legal? I'm going to be in a truck so i have no trunk to put anything in. And I'm likely to get pulled over in Oregon since I've never made it through that state without getting pulled over. Stupid 65mph speed limit.

·
Registered
701 Posts
You can legally open carry in a vehicle. If you go to OCDO and look on the Oregon forum you can find information on the laws. I did the same thing when I went up to WA last year. All I did was pull my shirt up over my gun. I believe oregon even has their own site about open carry or gun laws but I can't remember what the site was. I will try to find it if I can. What part of WA are you heading to?

·
Registered
542 Posts
GeneticsDave said:
1. DON'T GET PULLED OVER!!!!

2. Lock the firearm (unloaded) securely in a case, and out of reach (behind a seat).
3. Don't get pulled over!

I'll admit I speed like a bat out of **** some days, but when I’m out of state it’s never more than 5 or 6 over. I don’t like explaining why I have a gun.
“Yes I have a firearm.” “No it’s not illegal.” “No sir, I’m not calling you a liar; I’m just sure I’m legal to carry a gun in this state.”
It’s just easier to not speed out of state. :auto: _____________________________________________________________________ :copcar:

·
Registered
701 Posts
Ok Update: I can't find that site but I am sure someone on OCDO Oregon will have the site. It may have been given me from packing.org before its demise.

As far as speeding their tickets run $300 to $400 for fines for speeding. I do exactly the speed limit or just a few mph over. It sucks but I would rather take longer and not pay that much in a fine.

Good luck

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well it looks like i wont be getting pulled over after all. I'm taking my dads truck and it's not much a speeder. It is however CNG and gas so the trip will be cheaper 8) . I'm heading to Seattle for my brothers wedding reception. We've decided that on the way back we are going to go through Coeur D'alene, Yellow Stone, Tetons, and Jackson hole and see some of the sights. So national park means more unarmed areas. :cry: But I will be avoiding Oregon so thats a bonus.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Mazellan said:
You can legally open carry in a vehicle. If you go to OCDO and look on the Oregon forum you can find information on the laws. I did the same thing when I went up to WA last year. All I did was pull my shirt up over my gun. I believe oregon even has their own site about open carry or gun laws but I can't remember what the site was. I will try to find it if I can. What part of WA are you heading to?
I used to do the same thing when I traveled through PA, until they started to honor my permit. Don't you love OC>

Tarzan

·
Registered
701 Posts
Tarzan1888 said:
Mazellan said:
I used to do the same thing when I traveled through PA, until they started to honor my permit. Don't you love OC>

Tarzan
YES!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Being from oregon gives me some insight. You can OC loaded in a car (as long as you are not in a restricted city) So along I84 you will be good until you get to the portland area. check out the oregon section of OCDO

·
Registered
10 Posts
Take I-15 to I-90 and stay out of Oregon, that's what I have done it only added only added 158 miles and a about 3 hr 45 min to the trip. this is from PG, UT to Burlington, WA. I really did go around, I figured if they didn't want my gun I didn't want money. I know put a dunce hat on me. :nilly:
If you must go through Oregon I would do like has been suggested an check Oregon's OC laws.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts