Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
handyrandyrc said:
... I would feel more, how do I say, "capable", or "not vulnerable", or "helpless" in a situation like that, would it have gone further than it did.

Comments? Anyone ever been in a situation like this? Anyone ever been carrying and been in a situation like this?
I'm real glad nothing happened.

When I'm out with family, I'm always in heightened state of alert. I think it's partially instinct built in the male, but CC training's made it more focused. When I give my wife and break and it's just me an my two kids (4 and 6), I'll find myself tracking everything in sight.

I had a minor situation last week when I took my kids to ride Trax just for fun (when you're 4 & 6, anything that looks like a train is a blast), Delta Centre, University, and back. It wasn't until the bum across the aisle started whipping out his marajuana and getting agitated that I realized the vulnerability of my seat relative to his. In the end nothing happened; he got off the next stop, which was my plan if he didn't.

I broke out laughing soon after when my boy pulled his plastic toy semi-auto pistol out of his pants, racked it (correctly), and started chattering about how if anybody tried to hurt his sister, bang! I had no idea he had a toy gun concealed in his waistband. He didn't really understand what was going on, but I think he picked up on my tension.

·
Registered
203 Posts
handyrandyrc said:
...the little Bersa Thunder .380.
For the price, it's a great little gun.

I love my Bersa .380's size. I wear the collared shirts all the time. With an IWB holster, it rides invisibly and comfortably. (9mm short is perhaps a little underpowered, but I'm not going to go around "naked!!!")

I'm conflicted over the DA/SA. The first trigger pull takes practice. Fortunately the convenient safety also decocks the gun, so it's easy to practice the DA first pull over and over. Fire, fire, swip, swip, and it's ready to fire DA agian. I always practice with at least one follow-up round.

I've probably put about 5,000 rounds through it, and the slide is really showing wear. I don't know how long other sidearms hold up, but I knew it was on the lower end.

·
Registered
203 Posts
rhinokrk said:
... I think the Bersa is a little big for a .380. ...
Hmmm... yeah, I do have big hands. I didn't consider that. The Bersa fits nicely in my hands with the extended 10-round magazine. With the standard mag the grip is a tad short for my taste.

It's funny how we get used to certain things and never consider why we started doing it in the first place.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.