Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok what's the skinny on this thread. I know it says that men are not permitted to post but what about reading? I have just been jumping in and marking all subjects read.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Reading is fine. As of yet their general consensus seems to be that they just don't want all of us men chiming in with our manly-perspectives and overrunning their little patch o' clover... (even if they DO make little personal jabs at some of us from their safe-haven!) :ROFL:

·
Registered
304 Posts
bane said:
(even if they DO make little personal jabs at some of us from their safe-haven!) :ROFL:
B~~~> You love the personal jabs! I bet you're the #1 lurker at our "Safe-Haven"!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have one problem with the Female Only postings. Specifically, if you select to view new posts, it is easy to miss which section the post is from. Consquently, it is very easy to respond to a post without realizing you are violating the rules. Is there anything that can be done with the configuration of the forum such that there is a strong visual hint when you go to reply to those posts? For example, the data entry window turns pink? I try not to post there but it is easy to miss.

BTW, can I be #2 lurker?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sorry, you can ignore my previous post. I just realized there is a "Heart" icon on the "Ladies Only" posts. I guess I just missed it in the past. Anyway, now that I know it is there, I will try to pay attention.

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
aashooter, I just did that due to what you said. We are working on getting it so that ONLY the ladies will see those posts, this is just a temporary fix to help the menfolk know which ones are the Ladies Only threads. You didn't miss it :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
GeneticsDave said:
aashooter, I just did that due to what you said. We are working on getting it so that ONLY the ladies will see those posts, this is just a temporary fix to help the menfolk know which ones are the Ladies Only threads. You didn't miss it :)
Thanks . . . I am usually not that clueless so I was very surprised when I noticed them. Anyway, a good idea. It will help me at least.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
If you have Firefox and have Greasemonkey (you SHOULD have this!!!) you can install the script at http://smithplanet.com/temp/phpbbnewtopicfilter.user.js

I adapted it from someone else's work, but it will put a drop-down at the top of the New Posts page that allows you to filter the New posts page by forum. I like seeing the new posts by themselves, but I like seeing them organized by forum rather than chronologically. By default it shows all new posts, but you can filter to view only the new posts in a specific forum (and it even orders the drop-down list by the order of the forums as listed). Using this, you will have to intentionally select the Ladies forum to view the new posts there.

Take it or leave it, but it saves A LOT of clicking if you like seeing new posts by forum.

Edit: I have a few other scripts I use on this site to make it run the way I want. One of them removes the logo at the top of the page. I love the logo, but it's so tall you have to 1/4 the way down the page before you can read anything. This just saves a bit of scrolling. (And yes, it probably took me longer to write the script than I would have ever spent scrolling past the logo, but when you are a geek set on optimizing everything, it's the least you can do!)

·
Registered
304 Posts
aashooter said:
BTW, can I be #2 lurker?
Be our guest...lurk while you can. You will see that us ladies often hijack the threads into like seven different directions...it's boggling to the male mind!
:ROFL:

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I have been pretty good at tuning out my wife and 4 daughters for years...Why should this be any different.

Its sort of like that old Randy Travis song about old men sitting and talking about the weather and old women sitting around and talking about old men.

I just ignore the thread.

Tarzan

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
:agree: :agree: I learned to do the samething.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts