Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,757 Posts
eddified said:
Nunn's park has a sign up that says firearms are not allowed in the park. Is there any legal standing to this sign?
I don't know anything about the part, but if it's a public park, then no. The rule is illegal and it's time to find out who operates/manages the park and get them to take the sign down.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
swillden said:
eddified said:
Nunn's park has a sign up that says firearms are not allowed in the park. Is there any legal standing to this sign?
I don't know anything about the part, but if it's a public park, then no. The rule is illegal and it's time to find out who operates/manages the park and get them to take the sign down.
I do believe that Nunn's Park is part of Utah County parks system....

Here is the link...
http://www.co.utah.ut.us/Dept/PubWrks/Parks/ParkDetails.asp?IDNO=1

This website states very clearly (and illegally) that firearms are not allowed.

edited to correct owner of park

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
And for what it is worth...

ALL but one of Utah County's parks/venues on the Utah County Parks website prohibit firearms.

The one that does not is Provo River Parkway.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I noticed the same thing when I went camping up Springville Canyon at Kelly's Grove by Hubble Creek Golf Course. They have signs that say no guns. In fact, they have the rules posted on their website Sprinville Canyon Campground rules. It is owned by the city of Sprinville, but this didn't stop me from carrying my gun. They need to change it to the discharge of any weapon is illegal.

I say we use the Contact Us links on their websites and let them know the law. Can we get some references to the state code to use in our email?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts