Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Carrying is so awesome!! Since I got my permit last week I've had my glock by my side CONSTANTLY (except for church darn it)! I work for a state agency so I am able to carry at work as well! I've been everywhere from the gateway, to school and even at the local grocery store. Also due to everyone's prompting to OC I'm not even a little worried about someone noticing my concealed weapon because I've already occasionally carried openly. Plus I'm much more confident with the laws now, you guys are awesome! It's just so nice to know that my family is that much safer when we are out of the house! I am so glad to live in a country where this is possible! God bless America!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
It is a great feeling isn't it, to know that you can defend yourself and your family.

·
Registered
342 Posts
It's a great feeling and it isn't that false sense of security that some people have thinking they can just call the police and all their problems will disappear. One thing I noticed was that my daily confrontations ceased as I was now bringing a gun to every fight. I drove better and was less likely to give a 1 fingered wave when I was cut off. The empowerment of self defense demanded that my level of responsibility be raised and it has. I never want to jeopardize this right. I'm so glad you can carry now and can protect yourself and loved ones. Welcome to the club! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Jeff Johnson said:
It is empowering, isn't it?
Knowledge is power too, so knowing the laws is a crucial component of carrying.
:agree: +1

·
Registered
402 Posts
Thanks for sharing! I know I feel the exact same way also and I keep kicking myself for not getting my permit when I first moved to Utah.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Ty said:
It's a great feeling and it isn't that false sense of security that some people have thinking they can just call the police and all their problems will disappear. One thing I noticed was that my daily confrontations ceased as I was now bringing a gun to every fight. I drove better and was less likely to give a 1 fingered wave when I was cut off. The empowerment of self defense demanded that my level of responsibility be raised and it has. I never want to jeopardize this right. I'm so glad you can carry now and can protect yourself and loved ones. Welcome to the club! :thumbsup:
I totally agree Ty. It's a great feeling knowing that I have the ability to defend myself and my family, but I also feel a greater sense of responsibility to treat others with respect and courtesy.

Congrats on the permit Murph. Carry always and be safe.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You made a really good point Ty

I have noticed that I am much more courteous in my driving because I want to avoid confrontation at all costs. I don't want to get into a conflict with others because I know I'm armed and I never want to be forced in using it if I can avoid it.

I too am much more careful around others and try to be kinder so that I can avoid issues on foot as well.

it's strange to say it but I think carrying has made me a better citizen.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Ty said:
:thumbsup: I completely feel the same way, I used to sort of look at people or have that teenager mentality where you want to brawl or whatever. Now that I am in my 9th year of concealing on a regular basis I too notice a level of calmness about me, and I feel like I am always trying to avoid breaking any laws, simply to protect my right to carry, also owning several Class III items has caused me to feel the same way.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
murph said:
Carrying is so awesome!! Since I got my permit last week I've had my glock by my side CONSTANTLY (except for church darn it)! I work for a state agency so I am able to carry at work as well! I've been everywhere from the gateway, to school and even at the local grocery store. Also due to everyone's prompting to OC I'm not even a little worried about someone noticing my concealed weapon because I've already occasionally carried openly. Plus I'm much more confident with the laws now, you guys are awesome! It's just so nice to know that my family is that much safer when we are out of the house! I am so glad to live in a country where this is possible! God bless America!
I can still remember the first time I CC my weapon. It was almost 9 years ago and I was carrying my old International Firearms .22 revolver, with its 6 inch barrel, in an Uncle Mikes Shoulder rig, and I carried it from my house to the 7/11 and back....In condition RED all the way. :swat:

Tarzan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts