Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I OC'd today for the first time and was pleasantly surprised by the lack of reaction that I got. On the way home from work I stopped at Get Some to practice a bit with my HK. By the time I was finished my gun was pretty hot and I didn't really want to reholster it in my shirt holster that I wear under my suit & tie. I didn't want to be unarmed for the rest of my trip home, so I pulled my XD SC9 out of my range bag, loaded it and put it in my blackhawk serpa on my hip. About half way home I needed a sugar fix so I stopped at the Exxon station at the Bangerter exit off I-15. I went in the store, grabbed a candy bar and a red bull, paid for it and left without incident. The few people that I did encounter inside the store were very nice and greeted me with a smile. :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,167 Posts
Good on you! Keep up the OC! That's what I like to hear, people OCing, going about their normal day-to-day activities without incident. As an OC'er, I don't look for incidents or even want them to happen. I do prepare myself for them due to the increased likelihood that I will have one, but I don't dwell on it. For me, all I want is people to see it and start to realize that "Today I saw a man with a gun buying groceries and he didn't shoot anyone, in fact he looked just like a normal guy doing normal things." Hopefully that will help them to realize that guns aren't bad, a minority of people are bad. It's not the tool that people should fear, it's the heart of man that decides whether a tool will be used for good or evil.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well spoken Dave. You are truly an ambassador for amendment #2. Oh, and by the way...I bought TWO candy bars and ate them both. :twisted:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,757 Posts
I got a reaction this evening. It wasn't negative, but it was funny.

I stopped at a local stop-n-rob to pick up a couple cases of bottled water to throw in the boat for this weekend. I had my XD9SC in its Serpa, of course. The cashier didn't bat an eye and was very friendly, but as I was heading out the door, a woman and her teenage daughter came in. Like most adults, the mother didn't even see the gun and walked right in, but the girl -- I'd guess about 15 -- looked at me and JUMPED backward, right out the door she'd just entered, saying "Hooooolyyy..." and then held the door open for me as I exited with my arms full. She didn't seem frightened, but DEFINITELY surprised. I smiled, nodded and thanked her for holding the door. :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,167 Posts
swillden said:
"Hooooolyyy..." and then held the door open for me as I exited with my arms full. She didn't seem frightened, but DEFINITELY surprised. I smiled, nodded and thanked her for holding the door. :D
Surprised and polite, not a bad combo :ROFL:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
572 Posts
swillden said:
I got a reaction this evening. It wasn't negative, but it was funny.

I stopped at a local stop-n-rob to pick up a couple cases of bottled water to throw in the boat for this weekend. I had my XD9SC in its Serpa, of course. The cashier didn't bat an eye and was very friendly, but as I was heading out the door, a woman and her teenage daughter came in. Like most adults, the mother didn't even see the gun and walked right in, but the girl -- I'd guess about 15 -- looked at me and JUMPED backward, right out the door she'd just entered, saying "Hooooolyyy..." and then held the door open for me as I exited with my arms full. She didn't seem frightened, but DEFINITELY surprised. I smiled, nodded and thanked her for holding the door. :D
Are you sure that she didn't see the two cases of water and couldn't believe how thirsty you were? :wink:

gf
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,203 Posts
glock fan said:
Are you sure that she didn't see the two cases of water and couldn't believe how thirsty you were? :wink:
I am sure she thought "Out of all the things to steal while robbing the place why pick water?!? This guy must be crazy, I better let him by and be really nice about it."
:lol3:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,323 Posts
It only gets better........ :D

Tarzan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
glock fan said:
swillden said:
I got a reaction this evening. It wasn't negative, but it was funny.

I stopped at a local stop-n-rob to pick up a couple cases of bottled water to throw in the boat for this weekend. I had my XD9SC in its Serpa, of course. The cashier didn't bat an eye and was very friendly, but as I was heading out the door, a woman and her teenage daughter came in. Like most adults, the mother didn't even see the gun and walked right in, but the girl -- I'd guess about 15 -- looked at me and JUMPED backward, right out the door she'd just entered, saying "Hooooolyyy..." and then held the door open for me as I exited with my arms full. She didn't seem frightened, but DEFINITELY surprised. I smiled, nodded and thanked her for holding the door. :D
Are you sure that she didn't see the two cases of water and couldn't believe how thirsty you were? :wink:

gf
:lol3: :lolbang: :ROFL: :p :nilly: :shocked: :shock: :eek: :roll: :crown: :D 8) :shades: :lol2: :lol:
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top