Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know some thoughts or questions about the fn fiveseven since i have one and do carry it sometimes when i go to salt lake or ogden. This is my thoughts about it, it is kind of big framed for concealed carry but with a shoulder holster it works and it gives me a good feeling to know that i have more firepower than some bad guy does and i can penetrate body armor. Also the gun is light since it is mostly polymer and the rounds are small and dont weigh that much even with a 20 round mag.

·
Premium Member
5,616 Posts
I remember reading somewhat in the past about the FN fiveseven. I seem to recall that the gun-grabbers wanted to ban it too, which makes it a good gun in my book. :D

I don't know much about the gun, so I did a quick little search. I found a YouTube video of it being fired: FN FiveSeven 5.7x28mm

In the video, it looks like it is not hard for the woman to handle it. What's it like to shoot?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The FN fiveseven is very nice to shoot,it has very little recoil and it is fairly accurate. I put two rounds into a sign at around a hundred yards with it and me and my friend have put rounds through a log and an empty propane tank.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
ammosargeant said:
The FN fiveseven is very nice to shoot,it has very little recoil and it is fairly accurate. I put two rounds into a sign at around a hundred yards with it and me and my friend have put rounds through a log and an empty propane tank.
Those election signs make wonderful targets. Soon we'll all be able to stock up on free targets. :D

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I heard that it is illegal to shoot anyones picture unless they are on the top 10 most wanted list. Any truth to this?

·
Premium Member
4,563 Posts
xmirage2kx said:
I heard that it is illegal to shoot anyones picture unless they are on the top 10 most wanted list. Any truth to this?
That's a new one for me. Utah certainly has no such law and I've never heard of a federal law to cover this. I do recall reading some years back that some private clubs/ranges wouldn't allow photos/figures as targets back East and, maybe, a few townships had such restrictions.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
a box of 5.7 ammo costs around 20 dollars, you can reload it although there is not much reload data for the fn fiveseven.

·
Super Moderator
1,552 Posts
Although I like the cartridge and the idea of a .224 round travelling out of a handgun at 2,000 fps+, it's still an ugly, ugly gun, in my humble opinion. :D

·
Registered
8,757 Posts
xmirage2kx said:
As an amateur photographer I was all ready to break out my explanation of who you can photograph without permission, when you need model releases, etc., and then I realized you're talking about firing bullets through a printed photo of someone. Oh, THAT kind of shoot.

Sorry, no idea. It sounds too ridiculous to be true, though (which doesn't mean it isn't, somewhere).

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
in response to tapehosers remark about the looks of the fn i would have to agree. Although i very much like the idea of a very fast light bullet out of a handgun. And i dont mind the looks of it and i believe the bad guys wont care what it looks like if they ever get hit with a ballistic tip round from my fiveseven.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts