Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Same issue for me, can't get on using PC , but works from phone..

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Tapatalk working fine on Verizon phone. Unable to connect using PC and I've tried three different browsers, so I seriously doubt it's a cache issue.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I agree it's a comcast issue, I connected using a public proxy server with no problem. Not that it will likely do any good, but I'm getting on the phone to comcast tech support now.

Quychang

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Well. I just spent an hour of totally unproductive time with Comcast support, both online and telephone. They suggest having the site administrator check to see if he\\\'s blocking comcast IP addresses.

Some back ground. I have worked as a tech support agent and supervisor for two major ISP\\\'s supporting both dial up and High speed internet. I have troubleshot this from my end. I would bet money that there is a blocked IP table in Comcast NOC that is causing the issue. I have pointed this out to them, to no avail. So for now I would suggest people use a proxy server, just search for it, they\\\'re easy to find and use. Basically you connect to one, it asks for a url, and redirects to it. Works fine, that\\\'s how I\\\'m typing this. The site admin needs to make sure they aren\\\'t blocking Comcast (99% sure they aren\\\'t) and contact their provider to get it resolved. Most likely by the sites host contacting Comcast\\\'s NOC and getting the block removed.

Self edited explitive, I\\\'m glad I no longer work in that industry.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
The problem is no one here knew about the phishing issue. Comcast wouldn't release any info to those of us that knew which questions to ask. Just told us to contact the forum owner to see if "he was blocking access to Comcast sites". I knew he wasn't, and told them that the problem was in their NOC. They were exceedingly unhelpful.

Regards, and thanks for joining us to keep us informed. At least those of us that knew about proxy servers could get online, and we can start a topic like this one to alert you guys that something is up. Meantime, tell us who the phishers are...there were a few annoyed citizens around here, and safe to say most of us are armed... :ROFL: :spit:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.