Utah Guns Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Well. I just spent an hour of totally unproductive time with Comcast support, both online and telephone. They suggest having the site administrator check to see if he\\\'s blocking comcast IP addresses.

Some back ground. I have worked as a tech support agent and supervisor for two major ISP\\\'s supporting both dial up and High speed internet. I have troubleshot this from my end. I would bet money that there is a blocked IP table in Comcast NOC that is causing the issue. I have pointed this out to them, to no avail. So for now I would suggest people use a proxy server, just search for it, they\\\'re easy to find and use. Basically you connect to one, it asks for a url, and redirects to it. Works fine, that\\\'s how I\\\'m typing this. The site admin needs to make sure they aren\\\'t blocking Comcast (99% sure they aren\\\'t) and contact their provider to get it resolved. Most likely by the sites host contacting Comcast\\\'s NOC and getting the block removed.

Self edited explitive, I\\\'m glad I no longer work in that industry.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Im on comcast at home and havent noticed any problems. Though I cant say for certain I tried to get on the forum yesterday, Im pretty sure I did on saturday.

·
Registered
9,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Also wouldn't let me on this morning. This is the first time I've been able to get on today.

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts
Snurd said:
Also wouldn't let me on this morning. This is the first time I've been able to get on today.
Snurd, we are trying to keep you away!
Kidding.
Not sure what is going on. I'll try to get to it when I get some time. May be a few days though. Hope you guys understand. Me or Jeff will get to it as quick as one of us can.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
AH! It worked! I have comcast and this is the first time I have been able to get on in the last 3 days.

·
Registered
164 Posts
ya first time i have been able to get on in 2 days also, forum has been down for me, just said could not connect to server. also using comcast

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Yup, working great from home now (with no proxies).

·
Registered
419 Posts
Paul, I have spent some time with comcast regarding the issue. The problem according to comcast is that you are on a shared ip hosting plan with a known phishing site. Comcast said that they would unblock your ip sometime this afternoon. I tried to call godaddy regarding the problem but they refused to help. Let me know if you want me to help you.

- joseph

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts
jobot said:
Paul, I have spent some time with comcast regarding the issue. The problem according to comcast is that you are on a shared ip hosting plan with a known phishing site. Comcast said that they would unblock your ip sometime this afternoon. I tried to call godaddy regarding the problem but they refused to help. Let me know if you want me to help you.

- joseph
Godaddy won't help you without the account info and password. I'll call them if you tell me what I need to tell them to do. Thanks!
I wonder if this is the same problem from a month ago?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Finally nice to get on.

I've tried the past two days without any success until today. It didn't matter if it was via a computer or by mobile with Tapatalk.

I subscribe to several different websites and access them also by Tapatalk. Your site was the only one I had problems accessing the past two days.

Looks like the access issues are resolved now?

Ceicei

·
Registered
419 Posts
Paul said:
jobot said:

- joseph
Godaddy won't help you without the account info and password. I'll call them if you tell me what I need to tell them to do. Thanks!
I wonder if this is the same problem from a month ago?
Paul, I can pm you for more information or if you would like to call me feel free. Let me know.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Yep, I have tried accessing the site since Friday and this is the first I have been able to get on. And this all with my home computer. Happy to say that my insanity is leaving as I am getting my daily fix! :ROFL:

·
Registered
9,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Paul said:
Snurd said:
Snurd, we are trying to keep you away!
Kidding.
Not sure what is going on. I'll try to get to it when I get some time. May be a few days though. Hope you guys understand. Me or Jeff will get to it as quick as one of us can.
I KNEW it. :crying:
I'll keep finding a way back though. :D

·
Registered
912 Posts
Cinhil said:
Yep, I have tried accessing the site since Friday and this is the first I have been able to get on. And this all with my home computer. Happy to say that my insanity is leaving as I am getting my daily fix! :ROFL:
Same for me. Both Firefox and Chrome wouldn't load the site, and tapatalk on my iPod wasn't couldn't get through, either.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Thanks to who ever helped get it back up and running. It seems to be working just fine for me now. :dancing:

·
Registered
5 Posts
jobot said:

- joseph
Hey all,

I apologize if you ran into issues with this with Go Daddy. I spoke to our Abuse team about this and the proper way to handle this would be for you to email the phishing site to [email protected]. The Abuse Team will investigate and take the correct actions.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts