Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I'm the ***, and I don't even live in Utah. I lived in Utah for my entire life, except the last month because I just moved to Montana to work for the National Guard. But before I moved, I headed over to Rangemasters and took the CCW class and sent in my application. I would have had my permit by now, had I not left the state. But when you call the BCI and tell them you are no longer a Utah resident, they put you on the bottom of the pile and now they say my permit won't be here until January. But it will be a Utah permit, and that is why I joined this forum.

While I sit around and wait for my card to come, I am interested in learning all I can about choosing a gun/holster/method, etc. before I invest in all the equipment. So feel free to share your opinions. Thank you.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a FNP-9, but holsters are hard to find for it and it is a bit bulkier than I intend to carry. What I want to get is a small automatic, perhaps a kel-tec or NAA and carry IWB or strong-side. Or pocket. I found a cool-looking holster called "Zulu" by the maker, that claims to be capable of pocket or belt carry. I guess first I need to decide on a gun, then adjust my carry method with experience.

A unique issue I have to deal with is a skin condition. I am allergic to potassium dichromate, which is used in the tanning process of leather. So I can't get a leather IWB or other holster that would be against my skin for extended periods.

And, I work for the Federal government, so carrying at work is strictly forbidden.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.