Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get to pick a fathers day gift for myself and can't make up my mind. I am looking at a G19/23 or a Sig 2340. I usually Like sigs, But I can't complain too much about my glock either. Anyone have suggestions/reasons why I should pick one or the other? :dunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
572 Posts
If you've already got your "carry guns" and looking for something for the range, I'd go with the G19 simply because 9mm ammunition is still very affordable.

gf
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PW said:
Why not get both and decide later!!!
I wish...

I am sure this gun will make the carry rotation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,750 Posts
I always thought the 2340 looked odd because of the long slide release but after I shot one it didn't matter anymore. That is one of the nicest polymer framed guns out there in my opinion. 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
239 Posts
CR500AF said:
G-19 :wink:
I might be picking one of these up for myself here in a bit.
Anyone got anything bad to say about the G19, now is the time!!!
Don't let me mis-spend!!! :lol3:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts
The way I look at it for the money you cant go wrong with the Glock or the XD for that matter, more people on here will probably point you towards an XD, but I am a Glock owner, I have the Glock 36, 19, 26, and 20-SF..... You'll enjoy the 19 very much... Let us know how you like it no matter what brand you choose.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,822 Posts
@ OP: Seems like most pople that buy a Glock decide it needs to be upgraded (trigger spring, slide and mag release, sights). Make sure you hold them both and then decide.

CR500AF said:
The way I look at it for the money you cant go wrong with the Glock or the XD for that matter, more people on here will probably point you towards an XD, but I am a Glock owner, I have the Glock 36, 19, 26, and 20-SF..... You'll enjoy the 19 very much... Let us know how you like it no matter what brand you choose.
I think you missed the point of the OP (Glock 19/23 vs Sig 2340). What's with the XD talk? Maybe I missed something. :dunno:
 
G

·
The Sig has a better trigger, and is a nicer overall firearm (fit, finish, appearance). Try and shoot both first, then decide.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,129 Posts
xRapidDavex said:
@ OP: Seems like most pople that buy a Glock decide it needs to be upgraded (trigger spring, slide and mag release, sights). Make sure you hold them both and then decide.
The only upgrade a Glock needs out of the box is changing the plastic sights for something better. 'Course you can buy the Glock with metal sights or night sights from the get-go and skip the upgrade.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,822 Posts
UtahCFP said:
The only upgrade a Glock needs out of the box is changing the plastic sights for something better. 'Course you can buy the Glock with metal sights or night sights from the get-go and skip the upgrade.
I didn't mean to offend I am just saying those are common upgrades. I think SGT Jensen and Nutnfancy from Youtube did these upgrades.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,129 Posts
xRapidDavex said:
UtahCFP said:
The only upgrade a Glock needs out of the box is changing the plastic sights for something better. 'Course you can buy the Glock with metal sights or night sights from the get-go and skip the upgrade.
I didn't mean to offend I am just saying those are common upgrades. I think SGT Jensen and Nutnfancy from Youtube did these upgrades.
No offense taken. Most of us who have twiddled the Glocks more are doing so just 'cause we can't help twiddling with things. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
I like the G19 BUT I do have the extended slide release and Trijicons... IMHO the trigger isnt as bad as people say it is. Of course it doesnt compare to the trigger youd find on a Nighthawk Custom, LBC, ect but for Glock's intended use I think its just fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
glock triggers are pertee good actually, but sigs are better. but you pay more.

i dont see what it wrong with glock plastic sites. i mean, i am planning on tritium, but until then, the plastic ones are fine
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top