Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just thought I would put this out there for anyone who may be interested.

My wife and I have four children, all of wich, were born in hospitals. The first three went off without a hitch. I mean no problems at all, wich made us think that nothing bad would happen with our fourth child. So we went in for a scheduled start, early in the morning. The dr. came in and got us (my wife) all ready and going. Then he left. Shortly after he left, my wife started to pass blood, quite a bit of blood. They called the Dr. back from his office, 4 miles away. He came back as fast as he could. Meanwhile my wife, Jennifer, was continuing to pass a lot of blood. When he returned, the Dr. and I gave Jennifer a blessing (LDS), and rushed, when I say rushed, I mean we flew to the operating room and the Dr. performed a difficult C-section. He had a really hard time getting our baby out. You could tell he was in a real hurry. When Ashley was finally out, she was limp, and lifeless as they rushed her out of the room. Meanwhile, Jennifer is unconcious from the drugs the anastheseologist (sp?) gave her. So I sat alone with a unconsious wife next to me, as they stitched her insides back up, and then her outsides. All the while, trying to have faith as they worked on my Lifeless newborn daughter. I was so scared, and so full of faith at the same time. Well, the outcome was great. Jennifer was fine and on her way to recovery, and Ashley was brought back from the dead, literally. Neither Jennifer, or Ashley has since had a problem, and we are done having children. Had we not been at the hospital to begin with, I am completely sure that I would not have my beautiful 1 year old Ashley, and possibly not my Jennifer either. She was losing blood fast.
We live in a time of medical marvels. I believe that we should take full advantage of them. I often thank God for modern medicine, and those who study and practice it. But most of all I thank God for my wife and child. I would die without them.
BK

·
Registered
378 Posts
Wow, what an experience! I'm so glad everything ended well and you still have your wife and daughter. I agree with you on medical miracles; thank goodness for them!

·
Registered
109 Posts
That is awesome!

I know you didn't really go into detail, but you did mention a blessing - do you feel that was the key moment or were their other things that were going on? I only ask because seeing/hearing about the Priesthood in action is such a uplifting thing for me.

I'm glad you're family is doing good!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm so glad that both your wife and daughter are fine. I know how scary that can all be. I've had 4 daughters so far and the 3rd one didn't make it. When she died the day before she was due, it was probably the most spiritual time in our families' lives. If you aren't LDS you'd probably be mad at the world and God for your loss. With the understanding that the restored gospel of Jesus Christ gives, you'll still cry for months, but there is hope and reassurance that she is still your daughter-- and if you live worthily, you will have the opportunity to raise her in the hereafter. Life is very precious. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts