Utah Guns Forum banner

Good places to shoot around Davis County

10K views 31 replies 11 participants last post by  usSiR 
Here is a map of the area. The red circle shows the center of the GPS coordinates.

Tarzan

Attachments

apollosmith said:
Tarzan1888 said:
Here is a map of the area. The red circle shows the center of the GPS coordinates.
You're off by one degree of latitude. This puts you in the middle of a field in Cache Valley. You can probably shoot there, but some farmer will probably run you off. :D It should be 40°N and this map shows 41°N.

Interestingly, there is a good place to shoot just a few miles from this point, above Richmond.
I was wondering what in the world you would be doing almost in Idaho, when you are answering a question about shooting in Davis County. Just so you know I have topos for the entire US on my computer, but like most normal people I always find locations in degrees and decimal degrees. I had to temporarily change my preferences to allow degrees, min. and sec. so that I could find the spot. In all that confusion I entered the wrong North coordinate. I have fixed my error.

Tarzan

Bflamante said:
Thanks for marking the map. The coordinates show that it is off of skyline drive. Is skyline accessible to 4x4 vehicles or only quads? Can I drive my truck up there without getting in trouble with the federalies? Also, it this area acceptable for camping overnight? Fire restrictions?
Drive your Cadillac up there if you want.

Tarzan

GPS Coordinates..... 41.9136912 N, 111.7774703 W

Tarzan

PW said:
...I only have 1 condition for giving out these directions, If you choose to go up there shooting, you darn well better PM me and invite me to meet you there!
I would like to add one more condition......Please DON"T take any junk there and PLEASE do pick up targets etc. so that the place looks as good when you leave as it did when you came.....Be a Good Scout.

Tarzan

PW said:
Tarzan, have you shot at this range before?
No.

But I have shot at many different places over the years that started out as good places to shoot, and then over time people start to bring stoves, couches, refrigerators, cars and so on out to the range and shoot them up, and they leave trash and so on. It usually ends up that someone complains to who ever owns the property and they close it down.

Many times it is not the locals but some one from another area that comes in and trashes the local range.

I had a place not far from where I live that was closed for this very reason. People had been shooting there for 40 years but no more.

I didn't mean to step on any toes...just a pet peeve of mine.

Tarzan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.