Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
usSiR said:
When weather is good, not cold and all the snow is gone.
I go up to farmington flats alot, you will need a truck, SUV, or ATV to get up there. Although I have driven a civic up there I would not recomend it, and I do see a few cars up there from time to time.

From I-15 going north into Farmington
-Take exit 324 to go on 89/park lane, keep to the right take exit 395 to park lane
-Turn right/east onto park lane
-Procede to the second stop light (i think) at main st, turn right/south
-follow around to the left now your on 600 N
-do NOT follow around to the right
-you will want to keep going straight/east and will have to kinda make a left turn, your still on 600 N after you have left the main road
-go up the hill to the end and make a left on 1st E
-1st east turns into Skyline dr, this will take you up into the Mt's
-keep right (you can go to the left doun the hill there is a pond down there to fish at)
-on your way up the paved road there is a few areas to park and ride the ATV up if you have one, the is also a parking area at the end of the paved Rd where in turns into gravel
-just keep driving up and up Skyline drive, you'll pass Sunset camp ground (be careful and observant while driving and look ahead a much as possible, its narrow)
-you eventualy get to a fork in the road (2 gates) one goes east the other goes south west, the east road will take you to the radar towers
-take the other going to the right/south west, you'll pass a sign that says Skyline dr/bountiful, keep going straight
-you'll pass another camp ground (i like camping here)
-you'll eventualy get to a large clearing that has some side roads/trails going into it, this is it
-you'll notice a hill to the north that has a dirt trail going up it, and some foundations from old houses
-This is where I shoot into that hill to the right of the trail going up it, usualy there is a big puddle at the bottom of that trail.

It can be qute a ways up there, I make a day out of it or camping trip

as far as i know you can shoot while in the canyon, you just have to be past the foothills area. I dont like to because there is a trail at the bottom of the canyon and there can be a bit of traffic.
Really appreciate the info, maybe we can go up sometime in the near future and campout that night or just a day thing. Let me know if you want to do this. 8)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.