Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Before long it will be just like the Middle Ages in England. Using your fingers to eat with, not hard to do unless it is soup. But then again just hold the bowl and drink it.

·
Registered
8,757 Posts
I can't find the link right now, but an advisory panel of UK doctors actually have recommended banning long, pointy knives. They even got a bunch of chefs to say that long pointy knives aren't necessary. You can do everything with short pointy knives and long blunt knives.

That's what you get when you combine a ban-the-object mentality, with a violence problem and socialized medicine. Since long pointy knives hurt and kill people, and since the government pays for the medical treatment, it's "logical" for the government to ban the knives in order to not only "protect" the public, but also to save some money.

Next up: Cricket bats.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Yes it is! They were also trying to ban fire extinguishers in certain places so that people wouldn't get hurt by trying to put fires out themselves. It's better to let the professionals come and put it out even if it takes them 30 min to get there. :disgusted:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... 900459.ece

I'm glad my ancestors left Britain in the 1700's. The greatest left, the weak died on the way, and the strong formed a new country.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
The Brit's are missing an important item or two on their list of items to ban for public health... :nilly: :nilly:

Bath Tubs-- due to slip / fall accidents
Water-- drowning / burns
Toilet seats-- someone will pinch their tender behind if the seat is cracked and not replaced... :lolbang: :lolbang:

BTW... I worked at a small machine shop many years ago and the seat was cracked... Several complained to the owner over a few weeks after each getting pinched. The seat got replaced the day the boss/owner got pinched.

I know the last part is off topic... but...
:type: :type:
The devil made me do it!!!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Those people will never learn, will they? :dunno:

·
Registered
542 Posts
L'attente said:
I smell a spork war coming in England.... :crown:
You can take my spork from my cold dead hands!!.... :ROFL: :lolbang:

·
Registered
304 Posts
"We have seen the emergence of a worrying trend in relation to knife crime," said Scotland Yard's Deputy Assistant Commissioner Alf Hitchcock.
Did anyone else pick up on this guy's name?
The knife crime is like an "Alfred Hitchcock" horror movie! LOL!

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
More evidence that banning guns only leads to criminals choosing a different tool. Ban knives today, and baseball bats will be the new guns of tomorrow.

OTOH, one could argue for banning toilet seats based on health reasons. Humans aren't meant to sit down to "go" -- and "going" too long while sitting is often said to be a factor in developing hemorrhoids... so I say, ban the toilets! Let's revert back to the eastern-world's "squat toilets"!!! :ROFL:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Ban this, Ban that! Let's ignore the real problem....

If a criminal wants to break the law they will use what ever they can get their hands on...regardless of the LAW! That's what criminals do...BREAK THE LAW!

Duh! You would think people had the common sense to know this.
:disgusted:

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
bane said:
More evidence that banning guns only leads to criminals choosing a different tool. Ban knives today, and baseball bats will be the new guns of tomorrow.

OTOH, one could argue for banning toilet seats based on health reasons. Humans aren't meant to sit down to "go" -- and "going" too long while sitting is often said to be a factor in developing hemorrhoids... so I say, ban the toilets! Let's revert back to the eastern-world's "squat toilets"!!! :ROFL:

:thijack:

Way to go Bane.

Tarzan

·
Registered
476 Posts
I'm glad my ancestors left Britain in the 1700's.
I'm glad I left in 2005. This is the same mentality that banned the painkiller co-proxymol because people would use it to commit suicide. Still I'm glad to see that all of these bans are working and that we don't have any increases in crime or suicide....oh wait!

There was an article in the Times about how well the gun ban is going over there:

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life ... 359522.ece

If only those dastardly criminals would start playing by the rules. Cheeky monkeys.

·
Registered
437 Posts
definately a problem - NBC did a blip on this last Saturday i believe and mentioned that there are over 350 knife attacks a day and showed some of the home made knives used. I will try to find the news clip and post it...

·
Registered
437 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts